TS2 kibbles and bits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Greg

Mate my ts2 i had to pack out with a spacer to get square,

the transom is tappered for moulding purposes,

so get it square and then set the engine and

all will go ok im sure.

I actually have an Aluminium spacer in mine

Greg

Pulsetech I hope you method will work for me as well,but my primary objective is to glue the polycarbonate plate under the sponson which I have just purchase.Will keep you update on how it goes.When my boat run,what I have notice is almost the whole engine submerge in the water and i am really puzzle why is it like that.I have tried running with the C.G as recommended on the manual as well as without weight.makes no difference.I hopeyou cam keep meupdate on the result you have.

Tim you nailed it buddy right on

the transom is inset 3mm further on the left than the right at the bottom

on the top of the transom it's oposite the right is 3mm further inset

looks like a dog of a shim to make but thats ok

does the transom need to be 90 degrees to the sponsom bottoms ?

i have plenty of adjustment in the engine mount but i think i will make a thick shim to solve

that issue also

how critical is the transom to drive dog mesurment my spacer will need to be about 5mm thick

Greg,

Wait 'til you run it before assuming it fixes your issue!! There might be other facors at play too.

Transom at 90 degrees to the sponsons bottom edges (sit it on a sheet of glass).

Not sure about the TS2 as I haven't specifically tested transom spacing, but a lot of hulls with a piped engine like 5 1/2 to 6" T/E to drive dog.

Mak,

I'd suggest you ask Gmorty where exactly and how much weight he has in his boat, and use those settings as a starting point. The TT is a heavier engine than the OS and K&B's, and the instructions were based on those lighter engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the help guys, I have glue a polycarbonate plate under the sponson and now the edge is really square and hope it will work.Pulsetech might be right after you mention it that it might be cavitating.The engine peaks easily and the boat hardly move.It sounds like the prop is slipping.In my opinion might also be the drag due to the sponson edge problem. Its impossible to get any Octura prop in my country unless you buy it through internet from U.S.What I have now is Prather 220,do you guys think it will work?

Also check that the shear pin in the drive dog hasn't snapped and that the flex cable is in good condition.

The P215 can be modded into a reasonably good prop on a TT but a X438 or X440 would be a better option for an engine without a tuned pipe.

Pulsetech your boat really bounce very badly. I have never seen any TS2 bounce as bad as yours.At least my problem is it does not plane.Now I truly understand your problem and also your frustation.What I notice at certain point when you gun the throttle it goes quite fast.I believe your problem can be solve,just a matter of tweaking.Frankly speaking all our TS2 bounce but just not as bad as yours.

Can you tell me how to post a video? I might want to capture how my boat run and need some advise.

Can you tell me how to post a video? I might want to capture how my boat run and need some advise.
If you want to upload to this forum then you go to members photo gallery, login and , to make it easier, make yourself a file for pictures and videos.

Hit the button upload file, and follow the instructions.

Ronald.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. W/o the engine, place the boat on a flat surface.

2. Press the back of the transom downward until the sponsons touch the flat surface.

3. Both sponsons should rest evenly on the flat surface, or very close.

4. If you have a K&B lower unit available, try running your MAC powerhead on that lower unit.

JD
Jerry is the tunnel floor on the ts2 meant to be flat mine has a hollow at the centre of the lift pointthen it falls away at the transom using a sraight egde placed on the tunnel floor there is an 1/8 depression

half way along the boat then again at the transom there is a gap of 5/16's i don;t know how i managed to miss that earlyer

i think this is the main reason my boat is un driveable
Maybe you can make a picture and post it, to make it easier and see where this is.

Ronald.

Pulsetech I have try everything to make this hull run,I have already given up on it after numerous setup,engine and also modification.In fact there is only one or two are running over here and the rest have already put it back in the box.There is one guy bought and only look at the manual only after he sees how it run.We have spent 2 month to get it run and finally decided it looks better in the box. We even create a new name for the hull instead of Top Speed we call it Cock Speed.I apologize if I ever offend anyone with what I write here but you guys have to understand our dissapointment with it.Money and time have been invested and yet this is how it perform.If one or two have the problem than I might consider myself unlucky to get a defect one but all in all we have about 10 units here and all are having the same character.I don'tknow whether its the weather over here as its quite hot and humid all year round.Might effect the hull during shipping who knows.I am not here to blame anyone but I am really frustated over TS2. Just to voice out my opinion on it.

Wow.....I never saw a TS2 bounce so much as in your video ! Most likely a hull problem. I had a lot of bouncing too but not as much as you. What helped me was 5 oz. in the noise, 1/16 above the sponsons, and about 2 degrees of neg prop angle. But then I am running the OS .21 engine too with a x440 prop, so it may not work for you. Hope you find the problem.

Ralph

Pulsetech I have try everything to make this hull run,I have already given up on it after numerous setup,engine and also modification.In fact there is only one or two are running over here and the rest have already put it back in the box.There is one guy bought and only look at the manual only after he sees how it run.We have spent 2 month to get it run and finally decided it looks better in the box. We even create a new name for the hull instead of Top Speed we call it Cock Speed.I apologize if I ever offend anyone with what I write here but you guys have to understand our dissapointment with it.Money and time have been invested and yet this is how it perform.If one or two have the problem than I might consider myself unlucky to get a defect one but all in all we have about 10 units here and all are having the same character.I don'tknow whether its the weather over here as its quite hot and humid all year round.Might effect the hull during shipping who knows.I am not here to blame anyone but I am really frustated over TS2. Just to voice out my opinion on it.
Did you read this thread?

Don't know but I guess that we all want to help solving this unique problem.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showto...777&hl=bouncing

Ronald.

The bottom of the tunnel floor of the TS2 is supposed to be almost flat - when a flat surface measuring device is applied to the bottom of the hull, there should be no gaps between the measuring device and the hull until the bottom lifts upward slightly at the front of the tunnel floor.

I just checked a new TS2 I received two weeks ago and the tunnel floor is correct. A concave(downward curve) in the tunnel floor would definitely influence how the boat would run. I do not know the procedure for hull replacement outside of North America. I will attempt to find out.

JD

Moron maybe you or anyone an give some advise for the remaining guys over here on how to make their TS2 run like the video in Aquacraft website.

Jerry Dunlap - as you mention on the floor of the hull should be flat,I would check mine and let you know,and beside the floor what are the other thing that I should look into. Can I use a steel ruler to measure the flatness of the floor?

Moron maybe you or anyone an give some advise for the remaining guys over here on how to make their TS2 run like the video in Aquacraft website.

Jerry Dunlap - as you mention on the floor of the hull should be flat,I would check mine and let you know,and beside the floor what are the other thing that I should look into. Can I use a steel ruler to measure the flatness of the floor?
Okay

since you tried almost everything from cg to prop etc, it looks like the prop lifts the back and then the boat floats from front end back up. But you used a good prop to sort that out.

So maybe its the sponson thing, I made a few pics . Do the same and show it to us. After that you can either try and fix it by trying to put some epoxy cloth layers or equivalent, ask Jerry, and polish it flat- we mean FLAT. Might take some time. Other wise glue like in picture three a new sponson, but then the bottom needs already more or less nice smooth and flat.

But before going into this- ask the dealer about some options....

Ronald.

Ok Moron (hope you don't mind) I don't mind telling thats what I did as the last resort and it doesn't make any difference to the way it run and the handling is worse.I was just hoping it will get up on speed and don't really care about the handling.At least I can make a tight turn evendo it bounce.But after the plastic installation the boat will hook violently if I make a tight turn.I will try to snap some picture and post it up.With the help of all the people in this forum plus my boating buddies,I can say I have try every idea given.I won't simply write such thing on the previous post if I haven't try everything and I am not those type who simply give up after numerous modification and testing for 2 month.One thing I notice is the smell of the epoxy in the hull is really strong.Suspect that it haven't really cure.(I smell it through the hole where you drain the water).Just a question to anyone who own TS2....how fragile is the hull.For me just a minor bang with another hull will simply crack at the joint where the top glued to the bottom of the hull.

Back