Trying to start a brand new OS21RG-M

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to hear you are making progress. Here's another tip to make that first start a bit easier for you;

Before attempting to start the engine for the first time, remove the plug, open the carb up and crank it over with your starter while holding you finger over the muffler outlet to draw some fuel into the motor. Opening up the carb is needed on a low end needle valve equiped carb. Then remove finger, clamp off the line, crank it over some more, then put the plug in and start it. As soon as it fires, release the hemostats.

I'm glad to hear you are making progress. Here's another tip to make that first start a bit easier for you;

Before attempting to start the engine for the first time, remove the plug, open the carb up and crank it over with your starter while holding you finger over the muffler outlet to draw some fuel into the motor. Opening up the carb is needed on a low end needle valve equiped carb. Then remove finger, clamp off the line, crank it over some more, then put the plug in and start it. As soon as it fires, release the hemostats.
Tim, I think that I'm going to give that method a try :D . One question, though; don't you want to put your finger over the carb while cranking to draw fuel into the engine, not over the muffler outlet? Am I misunderstanding something here?

Latest posts

Back