TRIO WATERPROOFING

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOVALTD

Supporting Member
I viewed a video on waterproofing your radio reciever,servos,switch with a spray product called TRIO. Has anybody had any experience using this product? The video

shows a receiver and servos operating under water and 24 hours later they repeat the process with complete success. Is this real or a staged event? thanks for the help.---DAN

It works, spray your servo and receiver electronics with the Trio and if your radio box would leak the system will still operate. Just don't use it in a nitro motor the chemicals in the spray ruin the glow plug, motor will start but not run with out the glow igniter attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it works ! I use it on all elect , stuff , Use on all my receiver ,and Battery's .

Use it on hunting jeep on the wires, keeps it running going trough deep water .

Does it leave a film on the outside of servos that prevent servo tape from sticking?

GQ
Glenn,Are you talking about two sided mounting tape?

I will check my servos for film that may prevent adhesion
Hey Rick, yes that is the stuff. Thanks for checking! I have used Corrosion X in servos before and had a heck of a time getting them clean enought to mount with the tape!

Thanks again!

GQ

Permanently waterproofing the receiver is a good insurance against water intrusion in the box.

They will work literally under water endlessly. Range is completely unaffected.

Simply pack the receiver with dielectric grease. It is messy initially but after that it will be the same as it ever was except water does not affect it at all. Have some of my Fasst receivers done this way that are 5-6 years old still going strong.

https://vimeo.com/5670298

Thanks for the responses. I would like to clarify the application of the trio. Am I understanding the application of trio correctly, that you must open the cases of the receiver and servos to apply the trio

spray to the electronics (circuit board) then close up the cases.? If your answer is no then how does water stay out of the open ports of the receiver and not short out the untreated circuit board ? The same question applies to the servos along with the case halves , antenna and servo wiring? Corrosion X had to be applied to the circuit boards in order to be waterproof and dielectric grease is applied

inside the receiver and isolates the circuit board and electronics to be waterproof? What about the open battery packs ,switches and wiring connections when your radio box leaks? Is this trio some sort of a micro plastic film that can span large gaps in cases and prevent batteries and open switches from shorting out.? If this is the case then this trio is a game changer and all rc boaters would never have to seal up there battery packs,switches ,servos again. Also all receivers would never have to use a ballon or waterproof case or plastic bag? Then the radio box is obsolete. You would only have to secure your radio gear to your boat and servos,receivers,switches and battery packs can be mounted in the open with no radio box? If your reply to this thread is to apply trio for added waterproofing your electronics inside your radio box then is it fair to say that there is no confidence in the product if you have to keep it in a radio box? I am not saying this product does not work or that it is a poor product. It just seems to me after 50 years of fighting the water problems in rc boats that a product can come along and all you have to do is spray it on the outside cases of your radio equipment and WALA you have a water proof electrical system. I AM NOT DISCREDITING OR DISRESPECTING THIS PRODUCT IN ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM. iT JUST SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE. If this product lives up to what it says it can do then this is the greatest invention in rc boating ever made. Just think never having a water related problem again. I hope you guys understand my point of view. Thanks for the replies. ------DAN-------

My God Dan,,, it's really pretty simple. Take you servo's apart spray this stuff in there, reassemble. Don't OVER THINK A SIMPLE PRDUCT.

You asked if it works and everyone that replied says it does.

Here is how I know it works. When Carlo first hit the scene with this stuff, I was skeptical also. So I bought some of the stuff, bought 2 cheap servo's... Took them apart sprayed them down let dry/evaperate what ever it does.. Resprayed the next day reassembled the servo's and hooked them to the RX dumped them in a cup of water and put them through there paces.. Left them submersed in the water for a week. Energizing and excersising them each night when I got home from work.. They continued to work. Purchased 2 Savox servo's for my boat. Applied the product and mounted the 2 servo's outside of a radio box.. Couple of years later they are still working...you need to put a boat together and actually run it... Put your equipment through real world tests

IT WORKS,I'M DONE NOW

Follow the directions in above post, spray your battery connectors too. Trio is a dielectric spray that protects your servos,receivers,and power connections. THIS STUFF WORKS!

The sprays work really well. You usually don't even have to disassemble the receivers. Just fill it up from where the wires plug in and shake out the excess. Repeat occasionally.

The servo's you have to open but wit the Savox and Hitec waterproofs available those may be a better idea if you get wet inside the box often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it leave a film on the outside of servos that prevent servo tape from sticking?

GQ

Hey Rick, yes that is the stuff. Thanks for checking! I have used Corrosion X in servos before and had a heck of a time getting them clean enought to mount with the tape!

Thanks again!

GQ
Hey Glenn,

Tried the thin grey HD two sided tape on the servo's I'd sprayed. You are correct, wouldn't stick well at all

Cleaned with denatured and regular rubbing alcohol still doesn'stick well.

GQ

Thanks again!

GQ
Hey Glenn,Tried the thin grey HD two sided tape on the servo's I'd sprayed. You are correct, wouldn't stick well at all

Cleaned with denatured and regular rubbing alcohol still doesn'stick well.
Thanks Rick! Sounds about like the Corrision X deal!

GQ

Have any of you tried using an ammonia based cleaner ie: windex with ammonia or straight ammonia? Or a good strong detergent based cleaner to clean the outside case of the servos? Just a thought from an old experience in another life.

Thanks, John

Latest posts

Back