Transponders in rc boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that you all can make it work. And I am sure that the new equipment work much better. But when IMPBA tried it before everyone thought it was a great idea as Terry said. But as we used it the problems started to show. It was a big problem with getting the transponder to each racer and to get that information to the CD. We did it when we handed the racer his transmiter from the impound. That was before 2.4. Then the other problem started to show. We ran heats so fast that we could not keep the batteries charged up enough for each heat. Then on the AMB system there was a knob that ajust the window of pickup under the loop. It became noticeable that by turning the gain up you could widen the window of the pickup by up to 10' on each side of the wire. So that means that a boat up to 10' past the wires would be called good start. All of this pretty much shot the system in the foot.

With a personal transponder the main issue we had a Huntsville of dead transponders is solved. There we had 2 sets of 10 that everyone used,it was bound to fail. The batteries had no chance to charge back up Now that being said the only issue is tearing down the LOOP

The new mylaps rc 4 transponders they now plug directly into the receiver.
It will show on the computer your voltage of your battery, the strength of the signal, and also the temperature of the equipment in the radio box ..these days everyone will own there transponders.
As for the wire across the track you don't want to hit that its a stainless wire 1/8 ".also amb system was about 12 or more years ago..

Terry,
Elmyria, NY 1995 internats used The transponder system. You hade to make a bracket and mount it to the engine rail. Metal clip and rubberbands were used to keep from rattling. we had am and FM radios.

Terry,
Elmyria, NY 1995 internats used The transponder system. You hade to make a bracket and mount it to the engine rail. Metal clip and rubberbands were used to keep from rattling. we had am and FM radios.
I can remind you. That a long time ago.
Current transponders come with a mount on it . And the power source is from the receiver.
And it takes away the headache. Current radio don't interfere with the system..

The pick up wire at most R/C car tracks are under the cars (i.e. in the dirt).
In general, it is not good practice to completely conceal the transponder in carbon fiber.
Your right. I was thinking boat set up. But Mikey is one sexy man beast for sure.........

Latest posts

Back