Top Speed 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h20ski

In a previous post I described how the hull was warped on one side. Aquacraft was great, they sent me a new boat. The bouncing stopped on the straights but it still bounces in the corner. I know that I just need to tweak it to improve the handling. Looking for where to start.

I'm using a stock K&B, no spacer, Prather 215. C/G is 9.5" with 3 Oz. of lead. Engine is neutral and depth is 1/8" up from sponson. I also have a three blade 440 to try out.

This is my first season with a boat. The learning curve is huge so help is greatly appreciated.

Jim

In a previous post I described how the hull was warped on one side. Aquacraft was great, they sent me a new boat. The bouncing stopped on the straights but it still bounces in the corner. I know that I just need to tweak it to improve the handling. Looking for where to start.

I'm using a stock K&B, no spacer, Prather 215. C/G is 9.5" with 3 Oz. of lead. Engine is neutral and depth is 1/8" up from sponson. I also have a three blade 440 to try out.

This is my first season with a boat. The learning curve is huge so help is greatly appreciated.

Jim
I would get rid of that 215 and try a x440 or backcut 1440. Sometimes these props take a bit to get working, but once they do look out! Lots faster in teh straights, and I have found the 1440 to just rail around the corners nice and tight. I couldnt ever get the 440 to turn how I wanted it to in the corners, but it would sing down the straights. These 2 props are the way i would go. On the bouncing thing in the corners, I havnt figured that one out either yet, as mine still does it. I will let you know when I get somethign figured out, unless someone else here chimes in first. Good luck man. Rodney

The 215 needs to go back in the prop box. M440, X438, X440 with cup removed from trailing edge. It takes some testing to get them set up.

JD
Jerry - Thanks for the reply. I'm learning this as I go. Here is a real new guy question - How do you remove the cup from the trailing edge? Jim

Hey Jim how long did it take since aquacraft recieved your boat?

That way I can have a Idea of when I'll get mine...

Not sure if they are trying to repair the separation or if they will send me another one...

Javier

Javier, It took about 10 days to get a new boat. Jim

Hey Jim how long did it take since aquacraft recieved your boat?

That way I can have a Idea of when I'll get mine...

Not sure if they are trying to repair the separation or if they will send me another one...

Javier

Back