Top Speed 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad, You are very correct. Kinda of like when my wife ask's me stupid questions like, "why did you leave your dirty clothes in the bathroom!", or "why didnt you just put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, instead of in the sink! " I simply reply....but Dear, what would you have to ***** about if I did everything properly? It usually shuts her up for a little while...

I am just trying to help people. If I do, Great!! If not, ill keep trying.

I have seen tunnel boats really kick peoples butts when it comes to getting them set-up, and they have kicked my butt pleanty of times also. Its just one of those things you have to stick with and work it out. Or in your case, (I think?) if you are fortunate enough to get a boat that has already had the "bugs" worked out by an experienced bater, that will definately make life easier! :D

~James

Brad, You are very correct. Kinda of like when my wife ask's me stupid questions like, "why did you leave your dirty clothes in the bathroom!", or "why didnt you just put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, instead of in the sink! " I simply reply....but Dear, what would you have to ***** about if I did everything properly? It usually shuts her up for a little while...

I have seen tunnel boats really kick peoples butts when it comes to getting them set-up, and they have kicked my butt pleanty of times also. Its just one of those things you have to stick with and work it out. Or in your case, (I think?) if you are fortunate enough to get a boat that has already had the "bugs" worked out by an experienced bater, that will definately make life easier! :D

~James
James

You right i brought a boat (TS2) that simply just flys and does everything right thanks to gmorty like you said the BUGS have been sorted but i have a 7.5 tunnel that im doing a make over on and will need help with that when it gets to paint stage and doing the bottom of the hull ill send you a couple of pics maybe you might be able to give me a couple of tips

Thanks

Brad

~James

James,

your definitly helping me out alot and I really appricate it . It would hard if not impossible if it wasn't for you more experanced racers and when I can become experianced I'll pass it onto some else .

Thanks

Ed.R

little off topic but related to the ts2.

i went to remove my motor and 3 of the 4 -6/32 brass inserts came out of the transom.

They were epoxied in well but came out anyway.

Should I fill the holes with dowels, re-drill and put new 6/32" brass inserts back in or is there a better fix. B)

This latest development is hindering resolution of my handling issues. <_<

Terry

I cut an access hatch behind the tank and drilled straight through the transom allowing me to put large washers and lock nuts on the inside. Have done this on two boats. I had the same problem. The bolts into the threaded inserts rusted and pulled the inserts out.

little off topic but related to the ts2.

i went to remove my motor and 3 of the 4 -6/32 brass inserts came out of the transom.

They were epoxied in well but came out anyway.

Should I fill the holes with dowels, re-drill and put new 6/32" brass inserts back in or is there a better fix. B)

This latest development is hindering resolution of my handling issues. <_<

Terry
Terry,

That's the easiest fix. Go with at least 1/2" dowel. Go to aquarcraftmodels.com, click on the TS2, and then click on the technical advice for the correct size drill bit for the inserts.

JD

Hello to all...

I've got some questions about sanding the running surface on the TS2...

I had the boat doing fairly well with the bounce but now all of the sudden it has gotten really bad.. I had my first hull replaced due to a separation on the transom and the replacement one has had the same thing happened to it also... seems like some part inside when it get's wet it swells up because I can see a lump right under the transom at the bottom...

The boat is bouncing very bad at low thru mid/high speed... full speed it stays good but as soon as I try to turn it starts a kind of wiggle fishtailing bounce..

I wish to do the best work possible on the running surface if I only could get some questions answered..

on the buttom the sponson has this arch:

runningsurface.jpg

Should this be sanded till it's flat? the very inside edge that touches the glass when I sit the hull on it to check is flat and equal to the other... but that arch is very hard to control...

Any other tips on how to improove the TS2 will be greatly apreciated..

Javier

No one has anything to comment about the arch on the bottom sponson? should it be removed till it's flat for best results?

The area you outlined is the outside strake. Sharpen the edge of the strake by sanding the side of the sponson and the stake. Becareful when sanding to not remove too much material and go through the fiberglass.

JD

No one has anything to comment about the arch on the bottom sponson? should it be removed till it's flat for best results?
If you are referring to the area between the the inside sponson edge and the outside strake, if you sand the sponson bottoms to ensure they are flat that shoud also flatten this area. Yes, I'd suggest ensuring this area is flat.

Re the bouncing issue, many tunnel boats, full size or model, will bounce and low/mid/high mid speed as they don't really pack the optimum air until they are really up and running. That's why you can't work on your setup until you are comfortable that you have the boat up to speed. If it continues to bounce in the turn I'd suggest lowering the prop in small increments until the problem appears to go away if that indeed helps. I will say that I've had the most success with my TS2 when I'm running a back cut 1440. I can run mine full tilt in a straight line and the boat hangs nice without bouncing and simply turn the wheel and the boat sets and turns without bouncing.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back