Top Speed 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h20ski

I just built a TSs 2. I'm using a K & B motor with a dubro mount. This is my first boat. I'm having trouble getting the right thrust angle. The motor is mounted directly to the transom. I was unable to get the motor to neutral. The only was I could accompish neutral was to place shims between the transom and the motor mount.

I believe I have it set up correctly or am I competely missing something?

Thanks

is the mount upside down? i turned mine around and was able to get it where i needed it. good luck

is the mount upside down? i turned mine around and was able to get it where i needed it. good luck
The way I have it mounted is with the small hole on top and the adjustment hole on the bottem. If I don't have the spacer, the motor is still negative when the motor is away from the transom as far as it will go.

Sounds like the shims are the only choice to get the thrust angle you need. With no adjustment on the K&B leg and Dubro mount, it is your only option.

Doug

i had to make a sliver of plastic to get it close enough to use a Dubro mount to have any adjustment all so

now you get this question from me on the Dubro mount tilt slot on top or bottom an why

Marty

Hi.

Maybe this is offtopic, but wanted You all to know that Topspeed2 has landed faaar away in Finland

We had our first race for this season last Sunday, and there were two guys running Topspeeds

Nice looking boats indeed,

Thomas

Re: DuBro Slot

On my TS with a DuBro mount, the adjustment slot is on the bottom. I think I've actually run the slot both up and down on the transom.

The O.S. adjustment slot is on the bottom. There's probably a good reason for that, I just don't know what it is. :)

JD

Back