Tiger King 27- Eagle SGX- 6545/3 combo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Brown

Ran the Tiger King 27 for the first time. Two tanks of Coleman fuel.
Ran the new 6545/3 prop on the SGX. Pulled the prop very easy, with instant throttle response. Ran 75 mph. Everything looks good after the two runs. I like the engine so far. More speed to come!

Dude Videos! pics! Something we can see.

Later Charles
I just posted a youtube of the first test run with the 6545/3 on a gas SGX. Blew the tail out sevral times. A strut adjustment smoothed it out for later runs.

I'll get the first run on the TK 27 uploaded a little later.

For now, here is the QD 30,5cc spinning the 6545/3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0_J5CXgXAU#t=0

Here is a video of the first test run. Have since shortened the pipe 3/4'" and pulled the head down closer.

The engine is pulling the same prop well. Did not get radar speed with the shorter pipe yet.

Your radar gun operator looked cold. Did he have his flip flops on. LOL

I hope these new motors work out.

You are very observant Buck! Yes! He was freezing his azz off! I had long johns a heavy jacket and boots...He had none of the above! LOL

Good thing we only had time to run two tanks before it got too dark.
default_smile.png

LOL. I kinda doubt he even owns any long johns, he's a true blooded Floridian.

Cool to see you two back out at it.

Andy what's up with the coleman fuel. I was scratching my head wondering if that's the same motors on Ebay! You see it but there a stock motor on Ebay. Very impressive and smooth. Is this the next twist in gassers tec sure looks like a modifiable liner . Have you tweaked it yet or is it stock . One more the sure looks F class to meeeeeehehehe! A pass ya later

Andy what's up with the coleman fuel. I was scratching my head wondering if that's the same motors on Ebay! You see it but there a stock motor on Ebay. Very impressive and smooth. Is this the next twist in gassers tec sure looks like a modifiable liner . Have you tweaked it yet or is it stock . One more the sure looks F class to meeeeeehehehe! A pass ya later
Regular gas was giving me head aches. I talked to some guys that liked the coleman camp gas, so I tried it. Seemed to run the same speed as regular pump gas on the radar gun and it does'nt stink and give me head aches.

The Tiger King is looking good. Yes, steel liner and removable head button! At this point I have made some mild mods to the liner and head. Timing is stock.

Maybe you could tell from the sound that our TK sounds like a nitro engine? We are running a MAC 67 carb and a 3rd channel mixture control.

So yes, I started out that run very rich and then leaned it until it hit 75 mph there at the end.

Notice how it gets that rich cackle when I back off the throttle. There is no low speed needle in the carb, yet you can see how slow it will mill even when fully rich.

Nice easy part throttle launch too!

I will soon drop a glow head on it and F class here we come!
default_biggrin.png

So Andy are you going to all nitro or a 50 50 mix when you change head over. And are there any other guy's going this way sounds sooper exiting. Dude any pics! The videos are awesome.

Hey guys we have this type of weather for another mouth and then your type of weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Andy are you going to all nitro or a 50 50 mix when you change head over. And are there any other guy's going this way sounds sooper exiting. Dude any pics! The videos are awesome.
Hey Charles!

I will start with straight methanol first to see how the power compares to gas. Then I will work my way up 10% at a time. We will need a bigger boat with more fuel capacity to run more than 20 or 30% nitro. Have to see how much nitro the engine can burn and still live reliably.

Is't gas wonderful, just think of all the time you are not going to spend in the catch boat. It gets kind of boring after a while that it goes and comes back every time, but you'll get use to it, and if not take a little nitro rigger along just to remind you.

Is't gas wonderful, just think of all the time you are not going to spend in the catch boat. It gets kind of boring after a while that it goes and comes back every time, but you'll get use to it, and if not take a little nitro rigger along just to remind you.
Yes, I think I had to chase the gas rigger 3 times in 60 runs so far! Once was simply from trying to run more than 8 minutes and ran out of gas LOL.

8 minutes and 80 mph on 16 ozs of gas is pretty cool!
default_smile.png

8 minutes and 80 mph on 16 ozs of gas is pretty cool!

over and over again, so that you can actually work on the setup rather than the engine/pipe/prop/ all the rest of the stuff that falls off.

As many people have witnessed, I go to the practice pond and run gallons of fuel through a variety of nitro boats and typically never take the canoe out of the trailer. Andy I can't believe YOU are on here perpetuating the myth that gas is more reliable. I probably should mention that whenever a gas car comes into the shop for repairs the techs all draw straws to see who has to get the blisters from pulling the @#%^^&& pull start!
default_tongue.png

As many people have witnessed, I go to the practice pond and run gallons of fuel through a variety of nitro boats and typically never take the canoe out of the trailer. Andy I can't believe YOU are on here perpetuating the myth that gas is more reliable. I probably should mention that whenever a gas car comes into the shop for repairs the techs all draw straws to see who has to get the blisters from pulling the @#%^^&& pull start!
default_tongue.png
LOL Eric! YOU and I and a few other well experianced nitro boaters can go to the lake with a nitro boat and never need the retreive boat. Comparing the AVERAGE nitro boater and the AVERAGE gas boater there is no doubt in my mind that the AVERAGE nitro boater will need the retreive boat more often.

The very reason there are often disputes on the drivers stand after a gas boat heat is the fact that SO MANY gas boats finish the heat that the CD's get lost with all the boats that are running. Rarely is finishing order an issue in a nitro boat heat.

Since I started running the Red Bull boat with the new 'EZ Start' I have yet to get a blister and I very rearly have to pull the cord more than once.

Man, I love nitro and I hate seeing the decline in nitro boats, but there is a reason for it, and gas boat reliablity is one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the ABOVE AVERAGE nitro boaters have bad memories to go along with their other faults. It happens to everyone.

Back