Thundercat 31 / o.s. .21 VZ-M Mod.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have ran it, sorta babyin it. really want a good break in. I have about 10 tank in her right now. and she is wanting to take off now. I am using a octura 440/3 prop. the cat seems to like that one for some reason. I did buy a x640 two blade. going to try it next maybe this weekend. Do you have a vids, or pics of the vegas, I would like to see her running.

Thanks, John

I think your pipe will need to be cut quite a bit because of the 90 header .Start at the center of glow plug with tape measure bend around keeping the header & pipe centered. A good starting point is 8" to the fattest part of that pipe. You probally can cut the header as well but you don't want the rubber to have to bend around it will push the pipe back when it gets hot.7.5-8.5 will be optimum depending on prop ,fuel, depth of strut ect.Don't break her in too rich that it doesn't get hot , you want it to expand.Google reading glow plug it will help you find perfect needle. Then start shortening your pipe from 8" it should get higher & higher rpms until it starts to fall off in the corners pull it out just a bit.Biggeror more pitch prop longer pipe.

You can still make the pipe bracket work but I think it will have to be less wide at top, go through the gallery and see how they make them adjustable.The 440/3 might be alot of prop if it's ran too deep ,21 surface drive prop. 442-640-"642 barely" I could push subsurface with a K&B 21 on a mono.

The boat looks very nice as well.

Cut the exhaust down a lil more, sounds great. and since I cut it down a lil more, I was able to put the exhaust pipe back into the original spot. Too bad I already cut the Cowl. Ohh well now for a lil fun. Looks pretty good..... Don't know if I'll keepit like this. probly just buy a new one.

Image046.jpg

Image047.jpg

John I never saw your post here lol! cant wait to see her when you get back and let her run full speed! It was fun helping you with this and your next project is still sitting here lol hurry up or ill build it!

Cut the exhaust down a lil more, sounds great. and since I cut it down a lil more, I was able to put the exhaust pipe back into the original spot. Too bad I already cut the Cowl. Ohh well now for a lil fun. Looks pretty good..... Don't know if I'll keepit like this. probly just buy a new one.
I usually have to cut at least an inch off my pipe mac style motors and slip over headers, it looked cool the way it was too.

I have a three year old Tcat that I installed A CMB.45HR in. I am looking forward to testing when the lakes thaw. I plan on installing Nitrous Express speed 2002 nitrous set up in. My gole is 80MPH at sea level and 70MPH up here at 7000 feet.

Back