Thunder tiger Video

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they had an icon that was on the knees and bowing- insert it here
blink.gif
-

Its either a very deceptive video
rolleyes.gif
or that things REALLY hauling AZZ
wink.gif

Very nice Mr.Mason, looking more and more like Im just gonna have to pony up and buy one to stay in the hunt, talk to me this weekend
wink.gif

And yes, Mike is very skeered after seeing that video ...........

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike's not skeered! Mike,Andy,Mark & I are all registered to race at the STORM tri-oval. Race em if you got em boys. Wheres team Vision?

Mic

Refinements and improvements take time that is for sure. The 40 size one that I built years ago is so wide it looks like a crackerbox! Only way to get that dang thing upside down is to blow it over. Had a lot of fun with that old design though. ;) I'll have to dig out some pics of that thing.

By the way have you guys raced the class at one of the other events down there this year?

Refinements and improvements take time that is for sure. The 40 size one that I built years ago is so wide it looks like a crackerbox! Only way to get that dang thing upside down is to blow it over. Had a lot of fun with that old design though. ;) I'll have to dig out some pics of that thing.

By the way have you guys raced the class at one of the other events down there this year?
They raced it at the riverview club race,but.... It was windy nasty conditions 4 boats in the heat...most 20 boat guys didn't show... Slow start but there are more races to come.. I'm making some head way with my 1/4 scale Mod-vp.. going to race it in gas outboard and have an inboard set-up for gas offshore.. How about ya..... you think of making that baby bigger?

I actually have a plug for a "correct" size 7.5 boat, 35 inches long. If I go bigger I will use my composite materials to piece together a boat and run it before commiting to a mold. Like you, I see some great potential with the bigger ones.

I actually have a plug for a "correct" size 7.5 boat, 35 inches long. If I go bigger I will use my composite materials to piece together a boat and run it before commiting to a mold. Like you, I see some great potential with the bigger ones.
I love the little 20 boats.. its a lot of fun..people racing are way more light hearted... but I have people riding me hard for the 1/4 scale boats.. in all honesty they are easier to build..... not cheaper you guys out there <_< ... the 20 mod-vp hull I build is a hard lay-up.. too many sharp edges.. very small sharp edges :blink:

Gas tunnel is suely not setting the rc racing world on fire. Just started testing mine and would not have a problem shifting the hardware to a 1/4 Gas Mod VP.

Mic

Gas tunnel is suely not setting the rc racing world on fire. Just started testing mine and would not have a problem shifting the hardware to a 1/4 Gas Mod VP.

Mic
I've talked to Wayne Farrow and had Doug Carter Look into it... Gas tunnel is such a loose based thing now, we're going to run the the mod-vps against the tunnels. IF the design scales up well i think it has a chance.. I'm working on a geared drive as well. It will be summer before I have anything done I'm sure.. Who know gas Mod-vp might take.... I'd love to build a 1/4 scale Allison... gt 20 style.

Thunder Tiger with a little tweek... runs really good on the mod-vp..... I'm happy... thanks Steve & Gene... cool vid

i have a jerry wyss mustang muffled mod tt runs beautiful and also this year running a BXR beetle bomb buggy TT on a TT lower great motors jerry dunlop ate his words when he wrote them off in the 90's now that tower is barely keeping up the price will rise get yours soon if you set them up right they are competitive nice runnin motor man

Thunder Tiger with a little tweek... runs really good on the mod-vp..... I'm happy... thanks Steve & Gene... cool vid

im sure that motor is to deep in the water man thats what mine sounds like with it to deep it can go like 1/4 inch or more above the bullet also for heads up a 637 is the cats meow with that motor or if you can spend time cutting down a 640 to a 638 youll see much better throttle response good luck to you glad to see someone else joined the TT team!

Too high of a prop on a Mod-vp starts to cause problems because of the center sponson it tends to run closer to a mono set-up... other wise it blows out.... makes alot of noise but doesn't go anywhere.... tried many props but always go back to a three blade...

[jerry dunlop ate his words when he wrote them off in the 90's now that tower is barely keeping up the price will rise get yours soon if you set them up right they are competitive nice runnin motor man
man, don't paint a target on yer back there ;)

Andy is right about the prop position on a Mod-VP. You can run the prop high on a tunnel because as the boat rocks back and runs positive the prop goes deeper into clean water. Get too high on the Mod-VP and all you do is throw water in the air and lose speed. Find the right spot and the boat will fly nice down the straights and turn good too.

If he raises the prop any higher its going to have the effect of when you raise the motor out of the water to spray the hot chicks on the dock :D

If he raises the prop any higher its going to have the effect of when you raise the motor out of the water to spray the hot chicks on the dock :D
get them to line up with white T-shirts.... for that I'll put some extra trim on it B)

Back