Thunder tiger Video

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANDY MASON

Thunder Tiger with a little tweek... runs really good on the mod-vp..... I'm happy... thanks Steve & Gene... cool vid

Looks great but remember, we make right turns!!! :lol:
need my magic marker to label my hands L & R...... Watch out when I race!!!!! Don't get to close :p
Going to be hard to tell wich way to turn when your in the lead with the TT, you wont have any boats to follow :unsure:
I'll be follow'in Hearl... He'll be drivin that boat... I'm build'in a new one...... as far as the TT I'm sold ;) ...

Which prop did you choose ANDY ? I like your choice of boat hull although I don't know much about them. It looks like it has much lower drag than a tunnel but likely doesn't corner like a tunnel. A mild mod Tiger w/muffler is a real hoot mounted on a VS-1,, I know that first hand.

dub

J Dub!!!!!! Good too see you around again my friend!!!! Andy, wait until you decide you need more, and start modding the sleeve and opening up the crank induction a little bit. Then you will really be smiling from ear to ear!!!

Which prop did you choose ANDY ? I like your choice of boat hull although I don't know much about them. It looks like it has much lower drag than a tunnel but likely doesn't corner like a tunnel. A mild mod Tiger w/muffler is a real hoot mounted on a VS-1,, I know that first hand.

dub
grim racer 40 X 52 3blade....... I build the hulls to race in the mod-vp class.. you have to set them a bit in the curves.. kinda whats to slide around on the center sponson.. I've reduced that problem on the newer designs.. Its a neat class to watch,... I have scale Mercury cowls I'm working on now.... make them more realistic..

DSCN0527.jpg

longboards.JPG

How much testing is behind all them lines on the bottom of the hull!!!
Loads..... Thatz the third generation mold.... 10 gal. of nitro... my brother is the designer.. we develop tooling for full scale boats..have CAD...CNC mills in house..the works... Have pond in the back yard.. its come a ways from the first boat... hopefully pays at the tunnel champs.

dub
grim racer 40 X 52 3blade....... I build the hulls to race in the mod-vp class.. you have to set them a bit in the curves.. kinda whats to slide around on the center sponson.. I've reduced that problem on the newer designs.. Its a neat class to watch,... I have scale Mercury cowls I'm working on now.... make them more realistic..
Very interesting,, I had no idea of the hull shape,, I thought they were a bit more like a shallow V. Theres a guy that lives on Devils Lake,OR where the full size APBA boats come and set speed records. He has a few hulls that I can't remember the name of but he use's the Merc racing o/b's that are run on on the "Champ and F-1" tunnel boats. His boats look like some kind of large arrow head and goes well over 100mph easy.

Keep it Fun!

JW

dub
Very interesting,, I had no idea of the hull shape,, I thought they were a bit more like a shallow V. Theres a guy that lives on Devils Lake,OR where the full size APBA boats come and set speed records. He has a few hulls that I can't remember the name of but he use's the Merc racing o/b's that are run on on the "Champ and F-1" tunnel boats. His boats look like some kind of large arrow head and goes well over 100mph easy.

Keep it Fun!

JW
the inspiration comes from STV... I grew up racing them with my dad... 110-120mph with a merc 2.5... times are hard so I do them mini.... this district 3 Mod-Vp class mark poole is responsible for is a great fun class..

stv.jpg

stv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back