Throttle barrel question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOTOboat

HI,

I have a K&B 3.5 SS and a K&B 7.5 8701.

I noticed the throttle barrel is somewhat off set to the left on my 3.5 so that the barrel and body does not match when fully open. There is about 1/8 of an inch (That may a bit f an exaggeration) of barrel on the right exposed in the body when wide open.

My 7.5 on the other there hand matchs perfectly.

Is this common, or is something worn?

MOTOboat

Last edited by a moderator:
HI,

I noticed the throttle barrel is somewhat off set to the left on my 3.5 so that the barrel and body does not match when fully open. There is about 1/8 of an inch (That may a bit f an exaggeration) of barrel on the right exposed in the body when wide open.

MOTOboat
It appears nobody is going to say the obvious so I will.......

If I understand your explanation correctly........for some unknown reason something is really wrong with your 3.5 carb........or

It kinda sounds like somebody has put in an older style K&B Gold barrel in the new style K&B Gold body......backwards........ :blink: :blink:

That was the barrel where the barrel was retained with a barrel stop screw and not a "C" ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI,

MOTOboat

If I understand your explanation correctly........for some unknown reason something is really wrong with your 3.5 carb........or

It kinda sounds like somebody has put in an older style K&B Gold barrel in the new style K&B Gold body......backwards........ :blink: :blink:

That was the barrel where the barrel was retained with a barrel stop screw and not a "C" ring.
Swell,

I'll pull the barrel out and see if it is an old style barrel.

Thanks for answering.

MOTOboat

HI,

MOTOboat

Swell,

I'll pull the barrel out and see if it is an old style barrel.

Thanks for answering.

MOTOboat
You don't have to take the barrel out for that, if your barrel is held by a "C" ring than its a new style thats why it stays flush with your carb body when rotating, if it has a barrel stop screw and swings out when rotating than its an old style carb.

You don't have to take the barrel out for that, if your barrel is held by a "C" ring than its a new style thats why it stays flush with your carb body when rotating, if it has a barrel stop screw and swings out when rotating than its an old style carb.

It is held in place by a ring.....however it seems strange that there is a mismatch in alignment. I’ll take a picture later and post.

But what do I know I'm a Newbie....

MOTOboat

Pain in the @$$

Back