THOUGHTS AFTER HOBART

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart Barr

Supporting Member
Wow, a great year again. The city of Hobart has raised the bar on what they do for racers. Also, the sponsors have outdone themselves. I lost count after $15m in prizes. I will publish later all the contributors that have made this happen. Lots of people came together and helped pull this off. I am very impressed by the people that came far away to attend. Good friendships were made by the new ones. I hear many more are coming next year. Changes to next year are in the works now to make this happen for bigger. Lots to say, but that will come later also. After talking to co-cd Mark Grim tonight, there is one thing I want to address. The IMPBA/NAMBA challenge was a thought of another a few years back. I latched on that idea right away. This was a way to bring both organizations closer together. Many came together and we had a total of 76 boats competing for the challenge this year. The tag of "The Evil Team" that I put on NAMBA was a marketing thing like what hockey teams label the incoming teams. OK, it worked for a year or two. They came with shirts labeled as such--really cool. The NAMBA members that came to our race were truly a delight. These guys took many of our "Green Jackets" and I think will do better or beat us next year. OK, they are not "evil" but some of the best around. NAMBA shares the same interest that IMPBA does, model boat racing. Maybe they can organize a race that the Evil IMPBA team will visit you. Regardless, our intent is to make this the best nitro race in the world.

Stu Barr

Wow, a great year again. The city of Hobart has raised the bar on what they do for racers. Also, the sponsors have outdone themselves. I lost count after $15m in prizes. I will publish later all the contributors that have made this happen. Lots of people came together and helped pull this off. I am very impressed by the people that came far away to attend. Good friendships were made by the new ones. I hear many more are coming next year. Changes to next year are in the works now to make this happen for bigger. Lots to say, but that will come later also. After talking to co-cd Mark Grim tonight, there is one thing I want to address. The IMPBA/NAMBA challenge was a thought of another a few years back. I latched on that idea right away. This was a way to bring both organizations closer together. Many came together and we had a total of 76 boats competing for the challenge this year. The tag of "The Evil Team" that I put on NAMBA was a marketing thing like what hockey teams label the incoming teams. OK, it worked for a year or two. They came with shirts labeled as such--really cool. The NAMBA members that came to our race were truly a delight. These guys took many of our "Green Jackets" and I think will do better or beat us next year. OK, they are not "evil" but some of the best around. NAMBA shares the same interest that IMPBA does, model boat racing. Maybe they can organize a race that the Evil IMPBA team will visit you. Regardless, our intent is to make this the best nitro race in the world.

Stu Barr
Stu

It is ALREADY the best nitro race in the world as far as a whole lot of us think -- and by the way I am going to wear my green jacket with pride

2 amigo

Stu,

For the past 3yrs I have attended the best race anywere. "THE INDY MASTERS AT HORBART"!!! And just like Henry I will wear my green jacket with pride and fond memories of all the great friendships that have occurred because of all that you do.

Thank you

Don

Back