THOR 470 WAITING FOR ACTION...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Van Houten

Supporting Member
Vendor
It won't be long now... things should get really interesting in the gas class this fall.

Builder & Driver unknown at this time.
default_smile.png

-Carl

THOR 470 HAMMERTIME.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
will it be at the fall nats? its a great looking boat

what about you Ron , signing up tonight?

are all these Thor boats going to gang up on Matt and I and our insane boats

LOL

Greg

The rest of the mentioned signatures are a pure give away Carl- and you dont need to be able to run a Fl tag for their boat either- lol

All good- boat looks great and its in good hands for testing
default_cool.png

Keep us posted- never know, I may buy some lawn equipment one day soon so I can play too
default_wink.png

Yea...that design project was fun. There is a lot of testing going on right now with props and engines. By the time the fall race comes along, we hope to see the laps times really get down to where they should be. The boat pictured (ready for gas) is 18 pounds. Some of that weight is coming from the extra weight of the Gmorty Lower unit but he likes that leg and says it has worked great on his other gas boats that weighed 22+ pounds. That is the first 470 that has been setup with that leg. I hope Fred has plenty of lower units ready for these guys.

I have considered the transition to gas Carl- a tunnel would be exactly where I start
default_cool.png

Yea...that design project was fun. There is a lot of testing going on right now with props and engines. By the time the fall race comes along, we hope to see the laps times really get down to where they should be. The boat pictured (ready for gas) is 18 pounds. Some of that weight is coming from the extra weight of the Gmorty Lower unit but he likes that leg and says it has worked great on his other gas boats that weighed 22+ pounds. That is the first 470 that has been setup with that leg. I hope Fred has plenty of lower units ready for these guys too.
The class is growing for sure.

Ok Mr. James "Perry Mason" Beasley an Andy "Dick Tracy" Green, you are absolutely correct. I hope whoever paid y'all didn't pay too much.
Yes the boat is in Jacksonville, and I like to think it's also in very, very good hands.
First, I want to commend and thank Mr. Carl Van Houten, in my mind, the best boat designer there is. This is only the second wooden kit I have ever built, but I will say a 5th grader could put the boat together. It went together like a jigsaw puzzle, you could not have made a mistake. And the quality is second to none.
default_wink.png

Looking forward to getting her wet, have to help a friend Saturday so hope to run it Sunday. Will take videos and keep everyone posted.

For the record, it is the Thor 470, Gizmo Engine from Shane Adderley (Thanks bud
default_biggrin.png
), Gmorty Lower Unit, with a custom Kevin Lee motor mount.
Thanks everyone for the nice words, except for you Andy, maybe when you get that yard equipment you were talking about you can come cut my grass.
default_laugh.png
Thanks Bud.

Coming to drop the hammer at a pond near you,
Mitch & Co.

Ok Mr. James "Perry Mason" Beasley an Andy "Dick Tracy" Green, you are absolutely correct. I hope whoever paid y'all didn't pay too much.

Thanks everyone for the nice words, except for you Andy, maybe when you get that yard equipment you were talking about you can come cut my grass.
default_laugh.png
Thanks Bud.

Coming to drop the hammer at a pond near you,

Mitch & Co.
Well you made it easy- we all know Shaws yard dont look like that
default_tongue.png
Am I gonna have to straighten up the garage as well ???
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Good luck with the testing and keep us posted- boat looks great.
default_wink.png

LOL

Greg
No no Greg, nothing like that. I intended on whooping Ron's Thor too
default_tongue.png

LOL

Greg
default_tongue.png
I love it Mitch. BTW, you are spot on about Carls boats. If it wasn't easy enough for a 5 year old, you would have needed someone to build your as well!!!!......
default_smile.png
If you need anything, let me know. THOR's in first and second would be awesome, but Greg will be on the hunt so we need to stay focused!!!!...
default_smile.png
Happy testing.

Test Test Test- Gregs boat looked really good in Sowega with Otter behind the wheel.......
default_wink.png

Ron first - Mitch second.LOL Play nice

I'am a 5th grader

Dave

LOL

Greg
default_tongue.png
If it wasn't easy enough for a 5 year old, you would have needed someone to build your as well!!!!......
default_smile.png
Ohhhh, so I'm guessing that's why Dave had to build yours?
default_ohmy.png
default_tongue.png

Thanks Ron, can't wait for the Fall Nats. Definitely gonna be fun this year, with some stiff competition.

I'll keep in touch.

Back