This is for George

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought I'd share this.

Two weeks ago at our last race Alfred Lanza drove this Twin powered Eagle SG to a near NAMBA record breaking 1:01 and some change on a legal 6 Lap 1 Mile course. (just a thumb twitch away from posting a new record) Although impressive it's not the main reason I posted this. The boat was previously owned by George Bowers, a District 9 boater who passed away last year. He bought the boat from Allen Yuen I might add. From there I through a few colors on it to spruce it up and there it re-emmerged.

What's unique about George is that he never raced. He just like anything fast. He also owned and campaigned full size Top Fuel Drag Boat... So it's true... "Anything Fast". What was unique about George is that he bought boats for many if not all his buddies. Payed for every last one of them. If they thought they could drive it he foot the bill. Just so long as he can get the thrill out of watching them hall the mail.

This was one of his boats and the time Alfred Lanza layed down was by far the fastest one of George's boats has gone. It's just too bad he wasn't there to see it. I am sure it would have made him proud.

Not many in District 9 knew George, so I am sure not many if any here know him at all. His time in D9 was short lived... and his buddies have all but dispersed.... As a result, I don't think much if any was said here when he passed but his spirit lives on... and a "Fast Spirit" it surely is. :)

med_gallery_2667_106_35027.jpg

Back