Third Channel K-Needle (AB third channel needle)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow

I have found a direct line for bulk purchasing on these needle valves and I wanted to check the interest on these little beuties. If you would like to buy some of these please respond to this thread or the thread in the for sale forum. Price will be 25.00 plus shipping! Thanks

Clifton Nicholson

Cliff,

Can you post some pics of the 21 needle. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I know somebody who is going to need two on them.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

And what is the K-needle good for ?

As you USA guy's has already the best option there is .

Don Ferrette's OS-needle base and OS #71703009 Inflight-needle.

needlebase.jpg

needlebase.jpg
I am not trying to say which one is better I am just trying to sell the k needle which is the one I have access to.

Brad,

It is the same third channel needle that Andy Brown has sold with his kits for years. I don't have any pics right now but I will try to post some to end the confusion.

Cliff

needlebase.jpg
I am not trying to say which one is better I am just trying to sell the k needle which is the one I have access to.

Brad,

It is the same third channel needle that Andy Brown has sold with his kits for years. I don't have any pics right now but I will try to post some to end the confusion.

Cliff
Not any confusion, really , is there. Don makes a great base for the OS needle assy, the kalistrov

needle has been around for a long time, fine,or coarse threads. all work very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
See if I can help Cliff out here...

Course Needle:

IMG_0414.JPG

Fine Needle:

IMG_0413.JPG

The only difference is the taper of the needle.

~James

I have a Third Channel needle coming from Andy Brown I will put a picture on monday,they are fine.

James,

I don't mean to complain, but we can't see what's in the package..... :rolleyes:

I'll try and get a pic of this needle I've got here at the house and get it posted (it's missing the needle, but the body is complete). I got it from Rod Geraghty a long time ago, but he can't get them anymore. He once told me it was of Russian origin, and I thought Cliff mey have found them.

I agree completely about Don's set-up. The needle I'm referring to, though is EXTREMELY light because it's entirely made of plastic except for the neeedle itself. I am building a boat for someone who is very concerned about weight.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

James,
I don't mean to complain, but we can't see what's in the package..... :rolleyes:

I'll try and get a pic of this needle I've got here at the house and get it posted (it's missing the needle, but the body is complete). I got it from Rod Geraghty a long time ago, but he can't get them anymore. He once told me it was of Russian origin, and I thought Cliff mey have found them.

I agree completely about Don's set-up. The needle I'm referring to, though is EXTREMELY light because it's entirely made of plastic except for the neeedle itself. I am building a boat for someone who is very concerned about weight.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
Brad,

Don’t take this the wrong way please, just a suggestion.

If the person you are building it for is that concerned about weight, just put a non 3rd channel adjustable needle in the boat and eliminate the servo, servo mount, pushrod, pushrod seal, and clevises.

You know,how we use to do it. ;)

-Buck-

Buck,

I know. Keep in mind, I said I would be interested in two. This boat is going to be a twin .12, so weight is at a premium. I'm not sure he's going with 3rd channel mixture at all, I just thought I'd look into it since it appeared to drop in my lap.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Brad, can you not see whats in the package I posted a picture of? The needles that Cliff is talking about getting are the exact same ones in my pic above. I put him in contact with my old supplier a few weeks ago.

Maybe this picture will be better?

IMG_0427.jpg

~James

Sorry I thought it was the one I used on my eagle.
I think that is the remote third channel mixture controls I made or a copy. I did sell some to Andy a few years ago and he put them in his package. I was also making carbs at that time also. It was my carb that he went over a 100 mph with in those days. Still have quite a few third channel controls left that have not been assembled.

Sorry I thought it was the one I used on my eagle.
I think that is the remote third channel mixture controls I made or a copy. I did sell some to Andy a few years ago and he put them in his package. I was also making carbs at that time also. It was my carb that he went over a 100 mph with in those days. Still have quite a few third channel controls left that have not been assembled.

No it's coming from a package from Andy Brown a few years ago.

Brad, can you not see whats in the package I posted a picture of? The needles that Cliff is talking about getting are the exact same ones in my pic above. I put him in contact with my old supplier a few weeks ago.
Maybe this picture will be better?

IMG_0427.jpg

~James
These are the needles I am talking about, and James' connection is who I am dealing with. So if anybody else is interested in these needles please contact me or reply to this thread.

BTW thanks James for your contact,

Cliff

No sweat, just because I am no longer selling them, doesnt mean no one should be able to get them!

~James

Back