Theory of edge strakes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i will give it a go...the frame method that is, because i dont have the equipment to be able to do a neat job with the foam cutting and shaping :(

As long as the plans are full size, and the views are clear and all there, i am sure i can measure and make up some frames to use...using the Sprint plans as a guide to where things should go...

Kris

Hi Kris,

Are you telling us you don't have a hack saw blade, some sand paper, and a sharp knife????? That's really about all you need to rough out a WOF hull. The other stuff makes it easier but that's all. I suppose you'd be happy if I cut out 2 sets of parts and sent you the second lot would you?

Will have to talk over the land line probably.

GT

ps. I'm gunna catch up.

I agree with GTR's summary. Lift strakes can be complex to identify advantages of lift and/or drag. Lift strakes or spray rails also can generate some lifting component, however their contribution is generally so small, that it's not worth figuring. This is not to say that lift strakes need not be used they are very beneficial when applied properly to the design. They benefit reduction of water drag even more significantly than their lift generating capabilities. (see Tunnel Boat Design).

/Jimboat

Back