THE NATIONAL OB TUNNEL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topfuel443

Vendor
OK guys, had to put this in here for those who have "Tunnel Vision" ( I kill me!) and dont go to the "upcoming races and results" forum.

This is the biggest Tunnel race of the YEAR, do be left behind.

For the smack talkers out there, feel free to start the jabbing early, but lets be nice to our Fast Electric friends, they can get a little testy at times.

~ James "Team OvalExpress Racing"

The Charleston Model Boaters (CMB), Charleston, SC, had a club meeting today and voted to host next year's tunnel race at our lake near Walterboro, SC. This race will be held on March 24th and 25th, 2007 and will be called by a new name:

The NATIONAL OB TUNNEL CHAMPIONSHIPS

We will have our traditional classes of:

Sport B Tunnel

B Tunnel

Sport D Tunnel

D Tunnel

E/F Tunnel

Open Tunnel

Offshore

Mod-VP

In addition, we expect to be adding the following classes depending upon sufficient entries:

GAS OB class

Fast Electric (FE)

1/4 Scale

Will also continue our tradition of the fastest lap competition for B and D tunnels.

The CMB club has held the ONLY all tunnel championships in North America the past 2 years. We are now going to open it up to all types tunnels regardless of their power plant and truly turn the race into a NATIONAL OB TUNNEL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

We are releasing the race information early to allow for the necessary planning for those that want to come, particularily those coming a long distance. James (Gabe) Clegg from Germany and Ronald van Essen, aka MORON, are planning to attend next year's race and already have their leave scheduled. We also have a Aussie racer from down under that has been in contact with me for several weeks who has indicated he wants to come as well. The race will have an international flavor as well. Plan ahead as you tunnel heads do not want to miss it, the only NATIONAL OB TUNNEL CHAMPIONSHIPS being held.

For those that did not attend this year's race, you can look at the website from that race located at:

2006 Tunnel Champs site

John Knight

CMB President

Last edited by a moderator:
This truly is a great event. The last one was a lot of fun and had some killer racing. Now it will be even better becuse of the full size course. OMC Racing will be there in full force including the Mod-VP show. I suspect another smack talk shootout race will be needed after all the talk that will fly between now and then. If you are not used to the smack talk, don't take it serious just join in and sling some too! I will make sure I have enough boats by then for a full field of smack talk drivers. I can't wait!

To all tunnel racers,

as James stated, I am planning my leave for The TUNNEL NATS race, so be ready :lol:

For the smack talk, : lets be nice to our Fast Electric friends... What the hack is that supposed to mean Gabe? You wanna cover yourself with the NEU Villain??????

Ronald.

Last edited by a moderator:
To all tunnel racers,

as James stated, I am planning my leave for The TUNNEL NATS race, so be ready :lol:

For the smack talk, : lets be nice to our Fast Electric friends... What the hack is that supposed to mean Gabe? You wanna cover yourself with the NEU Villain??????

Ronald.

He is trying to dupe everyone into thinking he is a "kinder and gentler" guy and then smoke them all with the smack talk close to the race. He wants that smack talk award awful bad. Beware of the wolf in sheep's clothing! Just don't know if we will do the award again for next years race. We not have even discussed it yet among the club. Remember, he has only one vote anyway. The bar was set fairly high this past race but I am sure he will leading the pack to exceed it. No doubt the best is yet to come.

The FE guys are in Smack training right now, we will see if I can unleash the mouth of mahem. Thats it for now though, ive got boats to build...

~James

James is already getting ready to "do be left behind"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

YIPPIE, just check my work schedule.. If they don't change my work rotation, this will be my weekend off :D :D :D OB Tunnel Champs here I come B) B) B)

James is already getting ready to "do be left behind"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

YIPPIE, just check my work schedule.. If they don't change my work rotation, this will be my weekend off :D :D :D OB Tunnel Champs here I come B) B) B)

Now you are talking! Finally you are able to come. You will not be sorry. Hopefully others from your region will be coming and maybe some of you can hook up and come together.

Now you are talking! Finally you are able to come. You will not be sorry. Hopefully others from your region will be coming and maybe some of you can hook up and come together.
Will see if another club member will want to make the ride out. It's going to be FUN!!!!!

undefined

OK guys, had to put this in here for those who have "Tunnel Vision" ( I kill me!) and dont go to the "upcoming races and results" forum.

For the smack talkers out there, feel free to start the jabbing early, but lets be nice to our Fast Electric friends, they can get a little testy at times.

The Charleston Model Boaters (CMB), Charleston, SC, had a club meeting today and voted to host next year's tunnel race at our lake near Walterboro, SC. This race will be held on March 24th and 25th, 2007 and will be called by a new name:

Sport B Tunnel

B Tunnel

Sport D Tunnel

D Tunnel

E/F Tunnel

Open Tunnel

Offshore

Mod-VP

In addition, we expect to be adding the following classes depending upon sufficient entries:

GAS OB class

Fast Electric (FE)

1/4 Scale

Will also continue our tradition of the fastest lap competition for B and D tunnels.

The CMB club has held the ONLY all tunnel championships in North America the past 2 years. We are now going to open it up to all types tunnels regardless of their power plant and truly turn the race into a NATIONAL OB TUNNEL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

We are releasing the race information early to allow for the necessary planning for those that want to come, particularily those coming a long distance. James (Gabe) Clegg from Germany and Ronald van Essen, aka MORON, are planning to attend next year's race and already have their leave scheduled. We also have a Aussie racer from down under that has been in contact with me for several weeks who has indicated he wants to come as well. The race will have an international flavor as well. Plan ahead as you tunnel heads do not want to miss it, the only NATIONAL OB TUNNEL CHAMPIONSHIPS being held.

For those that did not attend this year's race, you can look at the website from that race located at:

2006 Tunnel Champs site

John Knight

CMB President
i do hope you people do not get introducee to CHARLIE like i was , and i used to live in the area ?? dum dum , i will be telling on myself, i as a lot others like to get up early and take a bath , in the ol pond , here i am all lathred up , having a ball, and here comes the owner , he says hows it goin, just fine i tell him , he say,s to me you havent seen ol CHARLIE have you , i said nope , i am the first one here today , he shines his flash lite aruond the pond , and says , o there he is ,.they got a dammed ol gater in that pond , so the water is warm , but please dont take any eraly morn baths down theere as ol CHARLIE will get you .

undefined

Sport B Tunnel

B Tunnel

Sport D Tunnel

D Tunnel

E/F Tunnel

Open Tunnel

Offshore

Mod-VP

GAS OB class

Fast Electric (FE)

1/4 Scale

2006 Tunnel Champs site

John Knight

CMB President
i do hope you people do not get introducee to CHARLIE like i was , and i used to live in the area ?? dum dum , i will be telling on myself, i as a lot others like to get up early and take a bath , in the ol pond , here i am all lathred up , having a ball, and here comes the owner , he says hows it goin, just fine i tell him , he say,s to me you havent seen ol CHARLIE have you , i said nope , i am the first one here today , he shines his flash lite aruond the pond , and says , o there he is ,.they got a dammed ol gater in that pond , so the water is warm , but please dont take any eraly morn baths down theere as ol CHARLIE will get you .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

undefined

Sport B Tunnel

B Tunnel

Sport D Tunnel

D Tunnel

E/F Tunnel

Open Tunnel

Offshore

Mod-VP

GAS OB class

Fast Electric (FE)

1/4 Scale

2006 Tunnel Champs site

John Knight

CMB President

Jim,

You must be thinking about the Savannah lake or the lake that the East Cooper Model Club used at the Shriner's facility. They had gators at those lakes. The Savannah (Ogeechee) club got rid of their's in May. The lake that the CMB club has does not have any gators in it, unless you count Tony Atwell, aka Gator 340, when he is around!

As of this post,

"For those that did not attend this year's race, you can look at the website from that race located at:

2006 Tunnel Champs site"

The link does not work!

Thanks for bringing that to our attention Bryan, I have fixed the link now, It looks as if Bobby, our web guru, has made some changes to the Tunnel Website...causing the link to go bust. Big thanks to bobby for keeping our club stuff currrent!!

Thanks Ronald for posting the new link.....

~James Clegg

PS, Team Oval Express Rules!!!

cant hardly wait , i got my villian s1 back going to test sunday and hopefully club race next sunday!

allen

Ah yes, The sweet smell of nitro on a crisp morning in S.C. Man I wonder if myself and some of the boys can fair weather like that ,don't even know if our boats would run in water like that, something to think about I guess?

butch,

i was there! but where were you? i met the new tunnel guys and helped them out a bit.

allen

Ah yes, The sweet smell of nitro on a crisp morning in S.C. Man I wonder if myself and some of the boys can fair weather like that ,don't even know if our boats would run in water like that, something to think about I guess?

Hearle have you been drinking your own root tonic again. you are a sick man.

Latest posts

Back