The Most Rewarding .21 Nitro Boat to Run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the most rewarding .21 nitro boat to run?

• Total voters
Cool, thanks. I'm looking at it right now. -D

Just subscribed and friended you on YouTube. I'm sixstringsensei on there...

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for the riggers... but in my experience the .21 rigger is also the most difficult to get set up and running well.. man.. it can give you fits... the JAE help with a good set up from the building table...

OB's tunnels as they are not only great for beginners but seasoned pro's too! First-time RC boaters can find that they're easier to assemble plus use as a learning toll when you find out what does what with a tiny adjustment. A .21 mono seems to be the next step as you can always find a race to run it at. I do have a .21 'rigger sitting dormant in the shop, never been run so as far as rewarding goes, I don't know yet. There's still something about finding that fine balance between floating and flying with the OB tunnels though that's rewarding.

I am going to say X Mono is the most fun class that I run in Aus! Always awsome close racing and mostly good drivers.

Then it will be A Outboard

My Favourite boat right now is the B Outboard though ;)

Guys... This is great thread and the insight really helped me choose a boat - (Chose tunnel). I've started buying parts and I set up a build thread here. -Suggestions in the thread are welcome! :) -Danny

I like outriggers because they are fast, they handle well for their speed, and they are relatively easy to scratch build.

HANDS DOWN THE OUTRIGGER ARE!!! Thats What I'd voted!! YOU WANT SPEED AND FUN THE RIGGERS ARE IT!!

Haha. I agree, the outriggers won hands down, no competition. But for my choice of boat I was between a mono, cat or tunnel. I chose tunnel. Then I'll build a mono, then an outrigger. That's just me :ph34r:

Haha. I agree, the outriggers won hands down, no competition. But for my choice of boat I was between a mono, cat or tunnel. I chose tunnel. Then I'll build a mono, then an outrigger. That's just me :ph34r:
I'm not much of a mono person or tunnel hull.. but I love the hydroplanes ,and my joe loves the riggers bigtime..Ever since he ran my JAE.12 and thanks to DAVE ROACH ,BRAD CHRISTY,DAN KRAMER,GOOYCHESE,ROD GERAGHTY,THEY GOT HIM HOOKED BIGTIME!! FOR THE GAS NATS HE HAS A CHANCE TO RUN A CAT,BUT RATHER RUN A RIGGER AND HE WILL...

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit a tunnel's shape is a bit alien to me. I love boats (big boats) so I'm quite a fan of scale-looking vees and cats, but only because it's what I grew up around and they still give me goosebumps just to look at them. I've never seen a real-size hydroplane at close range and to me an outrigger in a "make-believe" boat :blink: Because it does not resemble a full size boat. But that ARE fast! Tunnels, I've seen a couple in person, so at least that helps. Plus my brother has an old Lap Cat III that I remember was quite fun to run.

Back