The Evil Twin 90 SGX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy thanks good to know its History , I will be racing this boat for a long time yet . cheers Ace

Ace you need a set of these. thanks Scott just got the front sponson painted and I'm going to get a chance to try out the pipes this weekend.

2015-07-03 23.32.09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those 90 pipes or 101? There is a difference. I Tried 101 on a 101??? Hard to find a muffler for 101 pipe due to OD of stinger. Putting a muffler can , can on the long stinger change the way they work . My 21 and 45 work great. Lots of heat with the 101 pipe similar to the Muck 15 cc at least for me.

Plan on trying the 90 pipe on the 101.

Are those 90 pipes or 101? There is a difference. I Tried 101 on a 101??? Hard to find a muffler for 101 pipe due to OD of stinger. Putting a muffler can , can on the long stinger change the way they work . My 21 and 45 work great. Lots of heat with the 101 pipe similar to the Muck 15 cc at least for me.

Plan on trying the 90 pipe on the 101.
Gary the Mucks are my favorite pipes to run.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI OPS 90 new parts that don't fit the old blocks. New cranks are 4mm shorter than the older ones and they have a large pin that drives the bisc drive so you have to modify it as seen in the picture. And you have to buy a new block and bearing carrier they shortened both. The carrier shown is a older on. If you have a mill and lathe you could modify the older ones. There's a lot of parts that still inter change piston/liner rod and bearings.

20160313_205745.jpg

20160313_212159.jpg

Charlie how did your sponsons go ,Im interested to know ? those pipes look to big in diameter at the fatest part for me , Ive found the smaller volume 80 pipes give me more Rpm , but then I set my props up to suit engine an boat set up,I have found just cant get the speed out of 1667 props either ,maybe I am left of field ,sometimes I think so, I can run two different props an still go hard ,a stock an modified engine an still go hard an two different pipes an still go hard ,go figure that ????an change between races with no testing !!! cheers Ace

Ace,

Try a set of ABC 2717-19-38% "Game Changers"

Or a set of ABC 2719-19-38% "Game Changers"

I think these two propellers will change your thoughts about 1667's on a twin big block?

Just Something To Think About And Test In The Future,

Mark Sholund

Charlie how did your sponsons go ,Im interested to know ? those pipes look to big in diameter at the fatest part for me , Ive found the smaller volume 80 pipes give me more Rpm , but then I set my props up to suit engine an boat set up,I have found just cant get the speed out of 1667 props either ,maybe I am left of field ,sometimes I think so, I can run two different props an still go hard ,a stock an modified engine an still go hard an two different pipes an still go hard ,go figure that ????an change between races with no testing !!! cheers Ace
Ace haven't been able to run the pipes hard . I'm just finishing up the seal coats on the sponsons . I spent most of last year working on my 45 twin and took it to the Winter Nats in Florida. This year is all about the twin 90 . The ABC cleaver props are super a lot of us hear a using them . Big difference on how the motors load up and make power regardless of what pipes you are running you just need to dial and break in the motors good. The change over once you find the right prop is like two staging. It's quite shocking at first! I'll keep you up on things as the lakes open up up hear next month. Pass you later Charlie

Ace what speeds are you getting on radar?

HI Charlie , Im not that Quick in a straight line 85 87MPH but the boat is very quick in the turns ,can hold the buoys an hardly brush off speed ,i set the boat up that way deliberately ,thats where i do all my passing as can hold it real tight an its so quick in the turns. Mark I dont run 1667 ,I run a prop that Ian Inverity designed, but I modified again to suit my needs ,I think that prop original started as a 2718 ,correct me if Im wrong Ian ,but in any water rough smooth that prop stays hooked up at all times the boat is very settled can back off an get on it an shes gone like a scolded cat ,BTW mark im only running 90's ,got a pair of cubes as spares but find the 90's are wickedly reliable an rev hard, the boat will pull 2170 but really not a heat racing prop,when I get some time will reset the boat to see if i can accommodate the 2170 the boat is quick enough, but over time my goal is to get it to 100 mph as a heat race boat, just dont have much spare time to test , but talking to a few twin operators the next thing is can we operate a boat at 100mph in a heat race ,I once drove Aron Albericos twin at 95 mph i found that your reaction time has to be outstanding ,Im wondering if our brains can compute that fast any way thats the challenge i look forward to. cheers Ace

Mark btw its a 2716 prop that Iam using, modified big time, tell me do you have any of the suggested props raw an how much ? Cheers Ace

Ace,

Try a set of ABC 2717-19-38% "Game Changers"

Or a set of ABC 2719-19-38% "Game Changers"

I think these two propellers will change your thoughts about 1667's on a twin big block?

Just Something To Think About And Test In The Future,

Mark Sholund
Is there a list of sizes of these "Game Changers" somewhere? I would like to try some.

Ian,

I have a partial list that is about two months old.

Send me your email address and I will shoot you over a copy.

Jim has made another 40+ New propellers in the last month or two.

The guy is AMAZING with how many new designs he is making

for us RC boaters.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Not even a listing seems to be available...
default_tongue.png
default_laugh.png

Well I update the Build Charts the first of every month

The 04-01-2016 is ready

Just drop me an email and I can send you a Chart

The Final Charts will be posted when I am finishing up the final Molds

And testing is complete

Back