The BEST Racesite - In Your Opinion

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Jacuzzi

I have been kinda mulling this over for a couple of days as a response to the seemingly never ending battle in the IMPBA trying to find a host for the annual Internats. I would like to put together a list of the absolute best race sites in the IMPBA and the district that they are located in, and the reasons why you consider them the best. Some of the things that I personally consider are:

• Proximity to hotels, restaurants etc.
  • Drivers stand and pit area
  • Size and layout of pond
  • Ease of getting to the pond close to freeways, ease of drive

This is not a critique of the host club but more just the actual race site. I will start it off by saying that the Evansville Indiana race site is probably my favorite. It has a great drivers stand, the pond is a nice size fairly symmetrical, and in a perfect setting with hotels and restaurants within walking distance. I will update the list as you reply.. Tony J

• Celina Ohio - District-2
  • London Ontario - District-2
  • Seville Ohio - District-2
  • Tampa Florida - District-3
  • Huntsville Alabama - District-5
  • New Orleans LA - District-5
  • Jackson Tenn - District-5
  • Fort Worth ,TX Dist. 7
  • Charlston South Carolina- District-13
  • Atlanata Georgia - District-13
  • Evansville Indiana - District-14
  • Indianapolis Indiana - District-14

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been kinda mulling this over for a couple of days as a response to the seemingly never ending battle in the IMPBA trying to find a host for the annual Internats. I would like to put together a list of the absolute best race sites in the IMPBA and the district that they are located in, and the reasons why you consider them the best. Some of the things that I personally consider are:

This is not a critique of the host club but more just the actual race site. I will start it off by saying that the Evansville Indiana race site is probably my favorite. It has a great drivers stand, the pond is a nice size fairly symmetrical, and in a perfect setting with hotels and restaurants within walking distance. I will update the list as you reply.. Tony J

1. Evansville Indiana - District-14
DITTO but i also like Jackson Tn as the Southern Hospitality brings that site also to the top....Mike

II agree with Jackson, Tn. Great central location that draws a diverse group of racers. Large facility and a great pond.

Tony

London Ontario,Canada has a nice site.

Dave Roach

Ditto- Tampa ;) (not IMPBA though)

Close to hotels-

International airport

Interstates

Restraunts

Big lake -good course

Year round racing-

Close to great beaches and theme parks. ect ect ect ........

Oh yeah , it never freezes either :p

Evanesville great people great lake great pit area and drivers stand great all around from my point of view.

Close to hotels-

International airport

Interstates

Restraunts

Big lake -good course

Year round racing-

That can be fixed REALLY FAST :p P The course was surveyed IMPBA when we opened it in 03'. Remember when you swam all over the place and put in the extra buoys to run NAMBA ;) I got pictures.... :rolleyes:

Don't forget it never floods. LOTS of parking. No noise restrictions, We can stay all night long if we want. we can build fires, no bad sun glare, etc etc.

Hey Tony,

Great idea!!!

Your list of criteria:

Describes the London Pond exactly!!! :D

Other sites that come to mind are:

• Huntsville, AL
  • Naturally Fresh - Atlanta pond

Take Care,

Steve

1. Evansville Indiana - District-14

Tony,

I have to agree wth you about the E'ville site. As others have mentioned, the London site is pretty nice, too, but it's a pain to get in and out. Make it a full loop around the pond and they'd really have something. One site that would absolutly ROCK for the Internats if the TT were dropped (which I am not suggesting they do, by any means) is the Celina, OH site. The grounds are well layed out for any event, with plenty of shade and easy access. A couple of nice hotels within spitting distance and a couple more well within a reasonable drive. Same goes for restaurants: Fast food to fine upscale casual dining.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Brad:

I couldnt agree with you more on Celina it is a great site, with a local business community that welcomes model boating, (it was right up there for me too with the only knock is that its a tight course). List is updated but some districts are not represented yet.

Close to hotels-

International airport

Interstates

Restraunts

Big lake -good course

Year round racing-

That can be fixed REALLY FAST :p P The course was surveyed IMPBA when we opened it in 03'. Remember when you swam all over the place and put in the extra buoys to run NAMBA ;) I got pictures.... :rolleyes:

Don't forget it never floods. LOTS of parking. No noise restrictions, We can stay all night long if we want. we can build fires, no bad sun glare, etc etc.
Yep I remember, that was the best job at the lake that day in the middle of July- You guys were sweating your nuts off and Im out for a swim-LOL :p I believe I asked that be my permanent duty (as long as it was summer) ;) Just don't let Marty drive the recovery boat and mess with my head again-He's probably still laughing over that one :eek:

Norm you failed to mention live music from across the pond at the Green Iguana-not to mention the sights that came over too watch us run :rolleyes:

Rick your right on about the BBQ within walking distance- good eats.

Are we talking ourselves into a buttload of work in the future and doing this one year ????

Back