The 25th Indy Masters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark all I can say is please read my post again before jumping on the soapbox. The 3dB OSHA thing was, as I stated, just used as an example of what a difference 3dB can make, period. And BTW the OSHA noise regulations apply to all environments. How do I know this? A guy who lived down the road from me at my old house had his landscaping company cited with a warning (1st offense) by OSHA for not providing free hearing protection to his crews. Seems one of his guys complained about having to pay for thier own hearing protectors. He was handed the very same exposure chart & told it was his responsibility to provide, at no charge to his employees, proper hearing protection if those exposure levels were exceeded at any time as outlined in the OSHA regulations regardless of whether it was indoors or outdoors. :ph34r:

Again, nobody is saying the current rule is perfect, we know it's not. It will get fixed, one way or another ....

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct Don it also includes lawn maintenance equipment, stump grinders heavy equipment operators and manymore outside hazards. Now like a lot of places of employment the ydo not comply with OSHA regulations but some day they have to and get fined for not doing so. Let's stop the bickering over the noise issue and attend teh races the races you want to and do not attend the ones you don't want to. This isn't a good format or thread for this type of discussion. Don is wokring on some changes as is some other board members to try and make some changes to the exsisting noise rule.

You know if people would read and quit flapping there lips they may learn something.
I thought that is what our dB meters where measuring. :lol: :lol: Oh no I stand corrected it's not gum flapping it's lip flapping. Damm you are the best Mark.

You guys kill me.

-Buck-

Mark all I can say is please read my post again before jumping on the soapbox. The 3dB OSHA thing was, as I stated, just used as an example of what a difference 3dB can make, period. And BTW the OSHA noise regulations apply to all environments. How do I know this? A guy who lived down the road from me at my old house had his landscaping company cited with a warning (1st offense) by OSHA for not providing free hearing protection to his crews. Seems one of his guys complained about having to pay for thier own hearing protectors. He was handed the very same exposure chart & told it was his responsibility to provide, at no charge to his employees, proper hearing protection if those exposure levels were exceeded at any time as outlined in the OSHA regulations regardless of whether it was indoors or outdoors. :ph34r:
Again, nobody is saying the current rule is perfect, we know it's not. It will get fixed, one way or another ....
I understand what your talking about. But the human ear can not tell the differents in a 2 dB change at any level. Besides the levels that we are subject to are not of a long enough duration to make any differents under OSHA standards. And all of the equipment that you buy has the instructions in the manuals that you should wear hearing protection when using this equipment. But this is totally off the track of what we need to do. It has nothing to do with OSHA. And we don't need a rule that will be twice the size of our rule book.

Mark

You are correct Don it also includes lawn maintenance equipment, stump grinders heavy equipment operators and manymore outside hazards. Now like a lot of places of employment the ydo not comply with OSHA regulations but some day they have to and get fined for not doing so. Let's stop the bickering over the noise issue and attend teh races the races you want to and do not attend the ones you don't want to. This isn't a good format or thread for this type of discussion. Don is wokring on some changes as is some other board members to try and make some changes to the exsisting noise rule.
Bill,

You are major part of the problem on this issue in the first place. You have pushed all of these bad rules using the background that you have of OSHA compliance. And you feel that everything that is done needs a fine or a penalty. There was only about 10% of the membership that voted and put this rule in. I do not want to hear about this is what the membership wanted. I know that you have made many comments about my shop not being very OSHA compliant when you have visited. And I have you to know tha we run a very safe shop and do things the best that we can for what we have to work with. Now if you would like to inspect our shop we will be glad to show you the door and to let you know to not let it hit you on the butt on the way out.

Mark

Guys,

TIME OUT!!!

I have one question to ask. With all of the blustering going on regarding the noise rule, it's value, detriment, etc., WHAT does it have to do with the original topic of the post? NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! The Indy club posted an announcement of their fine race with a modification to it and you guys have lit into them like a pack of hyenas. You have hijacked their thread and have done a great disservice to their club and their race. Get off this thread.

If you want to continue to bicker over it then start your own thread. I for one would love to see all of the supposed technical information that Mark Bullard has accumulated with the testing and results, but has yet to divulge it to anyone. Gets one wondering as it has been asked for several times but the alleged evidence does not come forward. If you take a position, back it up with the data or step aside.

Boat racer too - ME, and my name is Legion!

Guys,

TIME OUT!!!

I have one question to ask. With all of the blustering going on regarding the noise rule, it's value, detriment, etc., WHAT does it have to do with the original topic of the post? NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! The Indy club posted an announcement of their fine race with a modification to it and you guys have lit into them like a pack of hyenas. You have hijacked their thread and have done a great disservice to their club and their race. Get off this thread.

If you want to continue to bicker over it then start your own thread. I for one would love to see all of the supposed technical information that Mark Bullard has accumulated with the testing and results, but has yet to divulge it to anyone. Gets one wondering as it has been asked for several times but the alleged evidence does not come forward. If you take a position, back it up with the data or step aside.

Boat racer too - ME, and my name is Legion!
John,

Your absolutely right. It is just that some people don't like the fact that they chose to run there race the way they see fit. I know that they will follow the safety rules and that it will be a great race. I know that we will be there.

And yes I have piles of information but it all points in the same direction. I have check a few boats at different places on a lake site and on different days. But I also made sure that I was checking the same boats. I was not checking for being to loud but for repeatably. I have lot of research on noise as a legal matter like in cities that have noise laws that have been overtured in court. This was some of the most powerful information that I found. I also have technical information and have talk to tech engineers from the manufactures of dB meters and how they should be used. The report that I made did not blow everyone away with technical information. I had enough to do that but report show what need to be done at a national level and where we stood on the noise issue.

I sent the report and a proposal on the subject to John and had it presented to the board because I was not able to be there. I had also presented to be placed in the December rooostertail but I am sorry but I see that it has been left out for some reason.

I will PM you a copy of it as to I will not post it here in this thread.

Mark

Latest posts

Back