Test to resume

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjslhill

I hope to start testing again today! Yes, on a Holiday. We have been so busy, I have not had the time.

I am going to first match some cells at 30 amps.

Take the 4 best cells and begin testing.

What does everyone want to see?

thanks,

Steve

Happy T-day!

Hey Steve, Happy Thanks giving!! I'd like to see comparisons after 20 or 30 cycles and I would also like to know if you figured out a way to screen the bad IB cells out without having to go to matched cells. I have a few 32 cells hulls I want to get cells for next season but would like to stick with the zapped not matched cells.

Thanks

Pete

Yes, it easy to screen them out. Discharge them as is, the ones that are bad will not come back up above 1V at rest without several cycles or they may not at all. I remove these cells completely and set them aside for my projects or a deep discount to some people.

Hey Steve, Happy Thanks giving!! I'd like to see comparisons after 20 or 30 cycles and I would also like to know if you figured out a way to screen the bad IB cells out without having to go to matched cells. I have a few 32 cells hulls I want to get cells for next season but would like to stick with the zapped not matched cells.

Thanks

Pete

Okay, what current Pete? 60 amps?, 70, 80?

thanks,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve

60Amp. would be good.

70Amp. would be verry good.

80Amp. would be awesome.

Most 6 cell FE Brushless motors at full efficiency want 70 + Amp.

A 12 Mono wants 60+ Amp.

A 12 cell rigger wants 70+ Amp.

Larry

Let me ask you a question....

If your racing and pulling 70 amps, you must be running <70 seconds? How much are you putting back in the battery pack afterwards? 2000mah?

From my Data logger:

Sprint = 80+ amps and 2800 back in 160 degrees

Offshore = 54 amps 3200 back in 170 degrees

Hope this helps.

From my Data logger:

Sprint = 80+ amps and 2800 back in 160 degrees

Offshore = 54 amps 3200 back in 170 degrees

Hope this helps.
80+ but up and down,correct? 54 and more constant in offshore?

Let's settle on 70 amps if that's not a problem with everyone

On charging, 6 amps and hot off the charger? Or 6 amps and wait for a bit? Or, do we following the Jay turner plan for long life and use 4 amps?

thanks for the info Jim!

Steve,

70 amps should be good.

My n-2 sport pulls 70 in the turns and 60 in the straghts,

I charge at 3-3.5 amps and run em warm...100deg ish.

Steve

After charging it takes time to tape up.

Then a few minutes untill the start of the race.

I charge at 5 Amp. for sprint racing, and 4.5 Amp. for Offshore.

Batteries go into the boat about 100deg.

Larry

Thanks Steve. Sounds like 70 amp discharge is what folks would like to see. I do not use the high charge rates. If I have the time between heats I stick to around 3.3 amps to try to save the packs. Sounds like most folks charge higher so maybe a 4.5 A charge rate is good. It would be great to see this for 30 cycles.

Steve, as you know from previous posts, I'd really like to see this test for GP3300 and IB3800s. If you can throw in some GP3700s that would be great, but first choice is GP3300s vs IB3800s. I believe the GP3300 is a good baseline reference for the test.

Mr Truckpull, LOU and I are all satisfied customers of yours with our annual purchase. We will continue to be customers, but we'ed all like to make an educated buying decision. Your testing will go a long way to helping us select the right cells for our needs.

Thanks RvE

Last edited by a moderator:
70 amps it is....4 amp charge rate, near or at 100 F when discharge is started.

GP3300, GP3700, IB3600 and IB3800

thanks,

Steve

:)

Sounds good Steve.

We are all waiting for some results.

Could you show us some results every 5 to 10 cycles or so.

Larry

We call those...exclusive deals, Kelly. Bottom line... it generates traffic, sales, etc, etc, etc.

I know you can pick your choice where to post, Steve, but does that serve the rest of your customers. Will we only be able to buy your cells from Offshorelectrics in the future? The days of only finding GP cells are gone. IB cells are plentiful....who has the best...everyone that sells them!

I am just little tired of chasing posts around....I get used to coming to a couple and then another jumps in and another. Nothing against Offshoreelesctrics. He does a fabulous job. I jsut can't spend all th web time going from 2-3-4 forums.

It comes down to what I thought you never liked...exclusive little clicks....like one other board you did not like for some time.

This is not a slam...your service and cells stand up to the best and Steve's is second to none as well. I guess it is just jiberish but it does make me think and when I think I speak and that is not always good.

Just my 2 cents....sorry if I ruffle any feathers.

We call those...exclusive deals, Kelly. Bottom line... it generates traffic, sales, etc, etc, etc.

I know you can pick your choice where to post, Steve, but does that serve the rest of your customers. Will we only be able to buy your cells from Offshorelectrics in the future? The days of only finding GP cells are gone. IB cells are plentiful....who has the best...everyone that sells them!

I am just little tired of chasing posts around....I get used to coming to a couple and then another jumps in and another. Nothing against Offshoreelesctrics. He does a fabulous job. I jsut can't spend all th web time going from 2-3-4 forums.

It comes down to what I thought you never liked...exclusive little clicks....like one other board you did not like for some time.

This is not a slam...your service and cells stand up to the best and Steve's is second to none as well. I guess it is just jiberish but it does make me think and when I think I speak and that is not always good.

Just my 2 cents....sorry if I ruffle any feathers.
bingo jeff. said what I was thinking.

Well, your both wrong.....it has no bearing on sales and Steve never asked me. If you want to see the result, whenever I get to them, that's where they will be. We are busy on other stuff that pays. If I wanted to boost sales, I think I would have them on my site, don't you?

Thanks for the insult Kelly and Jeff.

Steve

Latest posts

Back