T4 Rear Vertical Positioning

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Johnstone

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has any photos of the rear of the T4 Budweiser that would allow me to locate the rear verticals? Having trouble finding a photo at the right angle to determine location. Something side on that shows the transom and verticals would be great. Or if someone has a scale hull would they mind taking a photo of it?

Thanks for any help

Wayne

We lined the very back of the bottom of the verticals to the back of the transom. Seems to look right.

If you can find them on Youtube, there are some videos from the 1995(?) Madison Regatta that shows the boat with the wing that might help you out

Thanks Samuel. One piece aluminum tubing 3" x1/16" wall. Found some that is only .030" wall for future use
default_smile.png
. Lots of elbow grease to sand and polish, but I'm pleased with it.

027xx.jpg

A bit hard to see but is the rear of the actual mount surface (before it curves up a little) in line with the transom?

Wayne, that is about where mine are mounted. They are about an 1/4-3/8" behind the transom. I went off Newton's plans, and that is where they 'seemed' to be.

HTH, Michael

parts 443.jpg

parts 437a.jpg

parts 431.jpg

My apologies if this is off topic, but theres a couple observations that ive always been curious in getting some information on, and since were on topic of this boat id like to mention them.

First thing, is why do almost every RC iteration I see of this have the wing tiplets in the back, but when the boat ran its only race at Madison, it didnt have any tiplets. Are small variations like this allowed in races?

Also, the boat performed so well in that race aside from the turbine giving out in the last heat, they had a perfect day up until then and thats even with the rear wing constantly taking a beating or nonexistent. Why was this design abandoned??

Thanks

I can answer those for you:

1) The tiplets were installed when the boat was built and were removed prior to it's running in the Madison Regatta. Since the boat TESTED with them, some areas will let it go, some won't.

2) The design was very similar to the ARC Construction, Circus Circus, Coors Dry and T-Plus hulls built in the early 90s. All four boats ran well but, when engine standardization and HP limits were imposed, not one of them were able to maintain the speed needed for the hulls to work as designed. I know they all were, sooner or later, filled in and two of them, the T-4 and the Coors Dry, are still racing.

Back