switched to 60%

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moontz

today i tried 60% nitro for first time in a cmb 67 purple head on a seaducer. when using 40% i have the settings pretty much nailed down. switching to 60%, intitally started with same setting (1.5 turns out) and the thing is spitting major fuel out the pipe. not only at idle but also as the boat goes by i can see fuel spraying out the pipe and the thing is wasting major fuel. yes, sounds rich but i have gone all the way down to only 1 turn out (os remote needle) and still spraying. one other change i found out when i got home is the pipe slid back about 1/2 inch accidently (clamp was loose).

1. do you typically lean down your needle when upping the nitro %?

2. would a pipe too long cause my situation?

wanted to test more but t-storms came rolling in so had to take off before i was lightning strike statistic.

thanks for the help, Brian

today i tried 60% nitro for first time in a cmb 67 purple head on a seaducer. when using 40% i have the settings pretty much nailed down. switching to 60%, intitally started with same setting (1.5 turns out) and the thing is spitting major fuel out the pipe. not only at idle but also as the boat goes by i can see fuel spraying out the pipe and the thing is wasting major fuel. yes, sounds rich but i have gone all the way down to only 1 turn out (os remote needle) and still spraying. one other change i found out when i got home is the pipe slid back about 1/2 inch accidently (clamp was loose).

wanted to test more but t-storms came rolling in so had to take off before i was lightning strike statistic.

Just wondering. What fuel are you using? Where did you get it? Where are you running your boat?

Just wondering. What fuel are you using? Where did you get it? Where are you running your boat?
redmax from Als in elmhurst.

Okay. I bought some Byron from them a few weeks ago. I really wanted Red Max. I will have to get over there and get some. Thanks.

Okay. I bought some Byron from them a few weeks ago. I really wanted Red Max. I will have to get over there and get some. Thanks.

had it from last season. not good if they not carrying it anymore :(

had it from last season. not good if they not carrying it anymore :(
i have some redmax 60 and 70 still for sale if you all are looking.. not trying to hijack this thread, just helping out.

terry

i have some redmax 60 and 70 still for sale if you all are looking.. not trying to hijack this thread, just helping out.

terry

I would be interested, but wouldn't shipping be too high? What brand? How much $? How much do you have? Thanks.

I would be interested, but wouldn't shipping be too high? What brand? How much $? How much do you have? Thanks.

Sorry, you did say redmax. :rolleyes:

i have 3 gallons of 60 and 7 gallons of 70 i think.. 35.00 for the 60 and 40.00 for the 70 per gallon..i can make it a better deal if it all goes.. but not giving the stuff away.. it is all good and sealed and you are about 150 miles from me so ..lmk

terry

Back