Stumbling blocks?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PondSkimmer

I normaly run hydros but i have a older hotshot 45 and i was looking at some sites and i see some people are running these stumbling blocks? What are they, where do they go, and what purpose do they serve? My only guess is that they serve for lift but i have no clue ???

Thanks for any info

Their main feature is to lift the bow in the turns (well in a way anyway) to prevent the boat 'Hooking' and spinning out...The older hotshots and stuff are suggested to have them, but they have also ben thought to disturb the air flow in the tunnel and cause some drag (Jimboat had an explanation a little time ago in a thread...)

Oh and they go at the front of the Tunnel,on the sides next to the inside sponson edges..i dont have a pic right now to demonstrate where though...)

Kris

Here's a pic, courtesy of J.D.

stumbleblocks.gif

Wow. Sorry Jerry, I didn't do your pic any justice. I had to convert formats to post.

My boat handles great, i dont think that i need them? Do they help in the SAW, or just on turns? my hotshot cant turn any harder (i dont think).

But thanks for all the good info guys!

Just turns...they don't even touch the water on straights. If your boat corners hard without flipping or scrubbing too much speed, I'd say you don't need them.

All these things do is keep your Tunnel Hull from spinning out when you really crank it in the turns. You probably won't notice much else differences in performance. You would know it when you need them.

My most recent boats have not required "stumble blocks." The "stumble blocks" were devised by Rod Geraghty to correct a cornering problem with tunnel hulls. If the problems doesn't exist, then there's no reason to apply a cure.

Jerry D.

Back