Stuff falling on the shop floor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Dunlap

Supporting Member
So, I'm forever knocking tools on the shop floor or dropping nuts, bolts and screws. Not sure it is an "Age Thing" since I've done since I was a kid.

Anyway, had a different experience this afternoon getting my boats prepared for a race tomorrow. I moved a boat off bench and heard something hit the floor. I took a quick look at the time and since I didn't see anything figured it couldn't be all that much.

I set another boat on the bench and looked for the radio box tape. Since it was not on the bench I knew that it was the tape that fell on the shop floor. Tape isn't like most stuff I knock to the floor - it is round - and if it hits just right it will roll. After spending probably 5 minutes looking around where the bench was located and not finding the tape, I widened the search. The tape had rolled a good 8 - 10 feet under another table. Since this is my only roll of radio box tape I was greatly relieved to locate it.
default_smile.png

JD

Get more radio box tape! I have all kinds that seem to work differently on each radio box. Then there is FE boats that need the heavy duty hockey tape.

I epoxy coated the shop floor with the specked stuff. Really great stuff until you drop a small part like the last piston c clip or another small screw or item. I gave up on looking for the dropped parts. It all looks the same down there now.

I dropped a small set screw ( only had 1 that size) could not find it nowhere. I was pissed, that night found it in the cuff of my Lee jeans when I undressed.
default_wacko.png

JD, sounds like you need to put up some pegboard and hooks for things like radio box tape. Then again, heaven knows how many things have been "eaten" by my floors, both in the garage and in the house. Actually had a part get caught in my hair once, many moons ago. Found it several hours later, combing my hair before leaving the house
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Once I was buffing on a prop, then suddenly the buffing wheel ate it....I searched high and low for quiet a while, could not find it. About a month later I happened to look up. There it was, the prop was stuck into a piece of foam that I had stored in the shop rafters.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
any auto mechanic will tell you that if you drop a tool (socket, extension, etc.) while working underhood, it will find its way to the exact geometric center of the car after it hits the floor.

100% of the time.

Latest posts

Back