strut & rudder

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernest2

hi! i think i might have the money to spend on a rudder and a strut when i got my christmas bunos. not much though, that's why i really thinking about it. i really need in this one.

1. personally i like the speedmaster strut. even the price. one question, does the brass bearing sleeve last forever?

2. does the aeromarine or octura type struts as good or better than the ones at rossisales? the have teflon thing, etc. does it worn out?

3. speedmasters' rudder are a bit too pricey for me. does anybody have a better idea where to get one at least $30 only?

4. what do you think about a strudder? i've seen octura's.

5. i will not going to race my scratchbuild catamaran, just for fun.

6. i have read about gary preusse, does he have an email? i am really trying to fit all of this in a 45-55$ budget.

thanks you for all your help. :)

ernest

what size type of boat?

the speedmaster rudder is most likely your best choice..... for price and quality.

Here ya go ejp: 630-279-2451 G& M models (Gary P).

This is for your WT .21 right? why don't you direct your questions about that one to John Finch. He is on here and the one who designed that boat ;) Gary can work with you and your budget.

Adam

ernest2 said:
for a .21 cat boat. about 30" long. maybe speedmaster strut but not the rudder.
73977[/snapback]

OK different project... still call Gary

Adam

does he have an email? i can't call him, i'm in a foreign land, too expensive to call. :D

Gary's not on the Internet and likes it that way. He told me last week maybe one of these days but don't hold your breath.

If you are looking for cheap and for a Cat, look at the new one that Aeomarine has out now. It's made for their new Mean Machine 18, is low priced and could fill your needs. It probably will be available thorugh JoTiKa Ltd. in England.

that's where i'm actually lookig at right now, and the speedmaster strut. with the aeromarine setup though, 50$ for a strut and rudder is good deal i think.

the aeroamrine strut has a bronze bushing, is it the same with the one that the speedmaster has?

ernest

another question, what is usually the size of brass stuffing tube? i won't use teflon, just brass. this is for 3/16" flexcable. is 1/4 ok? or 5/16?

3/16" is the right size for your use. Aeromarine uses a lead Teflon bearing if I'm right in their struts.

Back