STRUT & RUDDER

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernest2

hi! i don't have a strut and rudder for my cat. i will try to go to a machine shop and have it custom made (depending on the cost)

i need dimensions, especially the inner dimension of the strut (where the bushing and prop shaft goes). and the bushing dimension. my prop shaft is 3/16" diameter.

another is what is the thickness of the rudder? and is the strut & rudder made of aluminum or stainless steel? this is for a .21 engine.

thank you very much!

ernest.

Hey if you are paying for machine shop time to get this stuff done, then DONT!!! Mail order the stuff!!! will be heaps cheaper

Alternately the struts usually have 1/16" allowed for bearings (lead teflon / brass etc so for a 3/16" shaft you would bore a 1/4" hole through the strut. I would suggest that the strut be at least 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" for 3/16" drive and 2" for 1/4"drive.

There is a start for you

EMS Racing what are these funny inch things?

oh and the struts are aluminium. The support part of the strut should be about 3/16" thick too

Hey try to find the nearest boaters in your part of the world or tell us where you are and we can try to point you to the closest moddeler or shop that can handle your problems.

EMS Racing I am interested in apathy

thanks a lot! those are very helpful infos. actually i will design my own first and then go to the shop, present my drawings there and see how much it will cost me.

i don't know any rc boating org here, i'm here in manila, and the only thing that the local hobby shops here sell are kyosho props. i've asked them for any boat part, and none exist. they don't even sell prop shaft for the prop they sell. :D

anyway, thanks a lot, hopefully i can go to a machine shop this weekend.

i would have love to just order it there in the us or europe, but shipping and tax costs me so much, like when i order the engine and flex shaft.

thanks again!

ernest

Back