Steve Muck pitch-gauge

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HendricX

I literally inherited this pitch-gauge.

Anybody have an idea how to use it ?

It's set-up for M5 props.

Maybe somebody has the original manual ?

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 0
Hendrick,

Just a little outdated, I would give it back or away and buy

a Steve Wood pitch gauge something that you can use. I am sure

30 years ago it was useful, but today it just looks cumbersome.

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

Thanks Mark

Ha ha are you not old enough to have a glass-showcase with "things from the past " ?

I sure have ... and I hate it not to be able to explain to visitors how it was used.

I'm sure that my (still working) audio-tach is a collectors item.

Maybe Steve Muck is even older as me .. don't know.

Found a email-address but it bounced .. scleboat [at] airmail [dot] net

My regular prop-tool is the one from Gundert.

Attachments

• Gundert-tool.jpg
    Gundert-tool.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Give Steve a call at 1-972 380-9274 (his business #) I'm sure he will tell you how to work it!

Don :)

Give Steve a call at 1-972 380-9274 (his business #) I'm sure he will tell you how to work it!

Don :)
The Muck gauge you have has been modified. The gauge came from Steve with the scale, aluminum block, two pins with points, and one pin that you hang the prop on. One pin is set flush with the back of the base, which you index the prop on. The second pointed pin has a thumb screw that you can tighten after you set it on the part of the prop blade that you want to measure. Then take the provided scale an measure the height of the pin, that you just tightend. If you make up a new pin, with a "foot" on the end that you measure, you can use a dial calipers to measure with. Richard D

Latest posts

Back