Starting table

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That table looks sweet Terry. I read some of the revues and one did say it was stronger than the bi fold table they had. I will look into that table for sure, Cabelas isn't to far from me to go check it out.

Paul

you want a roll top table? if not I did see at Lowes some of the short plastic top type tables with folding legs for like $29.00 I personally am thinking of just buying the folding legs and making my own tops, kind of more custom maybe with like a custom tool holding rail and such.

Roy

:lol: :p :lol: Will try sit on the top table if it broke down then send refund ? :D Can't clue how much weight max?

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry, I found this at Big Lots for $15 and its adjustable from knee to hip height, strong enough to stand on.

Thats a 36" Eagle on top. I'll be cutting a cradle to fit it, and getting another one to put beside it for my starting box. It's really sturdy, no wobble at all.

It has a hollow plastic top and welded steel tubing for legs, and adjustable.

DSCF0531.jpg

DSCF0533.jpg

DSCF0530.jpg

DSCF0532.jpg

Terry, I found this at Big Lots for $15 and its adjustable from knee to hip height, strong enough to stand on.
Thats a 36" Eagle on top. I'll be cutting a cradle to fit it, and getting another one to put beside it for my starting box. It's really sturdy, no wobble at all.

It has a hollow plastic top and welded steel tubing for legs, and adjustable.

DSCF0531.jpg

DSCF0533.jpg

DSCF0530.jpg

DSCF0532.jpg
I have the same table. You got a better deal as I picked mine up at Sam's Club for $20. I use a sheet of non-skid drawer liner on top to keep the boats from moving around. Compact and light.

Bill

Terry

Sam's club was selling a table very similer to that years ago. I bought one along with several other guys in the club. It had strings(ropes) that go thru the table top pieces like a rope bridge across a river in the jungle. The ropes and the plastic bushings or sleeves pop out and make it a nightmare to fold up after a few uses. Also the height was way to low to make it a workable table for me.

My opinion.

Hey did you ever get the head buttons I sent you?

Jerry

Thanks guys, this thing folds up and goes in a bag like one of those camp chairs, I need something to put in the car that I can pull out without having to empty the whole thing first. :wacko:

I just ordered one so hopefully it's better quality than what Sam's Club had.

Yup Jerry, just got them today, I'll send them back when they're done. Word has it that this set-up was used in Mike Nowicki's 103+ mph MAC, but don't tell anyone... ;)

terry,

I believe phil thomas has a table very similar to the one you are looking at.. if remember right it is VERY low to the ground.

for us people in the clouds it is no good but you may like it?

chris

terry,
I believe phil thomas has a table very similar to the one you are looking at.. if remember right it is VERY low to the ground.

chris
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This one's supposed to have individually adjustable legs that bring it 27-33", 30" seems to be the standard for work benches.

terry,

chris
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This one's supposed to have individually adjustable legs that bring it 27-33", 30" seems to be the standard for work benches.
you mean tables, right terry? a 30" workbench is awful low. the workbench in my shop is above my waist, & i wear 32" inseam pants............don sparr here in d-12 uses a black & decker work mate (i think that's the name) table. has the top that you can open like a vise to clamp wood in to cut. he clamps the stand for whatever boat he's running next in it. folds like a collapsable sawhorse, maybe not the best for a car. sturdy, & a "normal" working height.

auto body shops use a folding type of workstand for fenders and such, simple design and fairly inexpensive, light weitght, will support aprox 400 lbs, and you can make yourself your own top like the boater above said he would like to do. Plus this stand would be taller for your taller boaters and if you would like it shorter just cut the legs down to a desired height. This is not what Terry is looking for but is a good stand that is an easy setup ect.

Northerntool.com search for part 78024

Back