starting pipe length

• Thread starter Guest_anthony_Marquart
  • Start date
Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_anthony_Marquart

I'm looking for a starting pipe lenght fella's

Hull: Original Eagle21

Engine: Picco Omega21

pipe: AB Parabolic

Prop: don't know, came with boat...

Can someone give me a starting length also?

3.3 pound rigger, Novarossi L/S, .008" clearance and .19cc bowl, Stock exhaust timing, 50% nitro and a MAC's unmuffled 21 pipe. 2 weeks til nationals and won't get much time to run new boat before then :rolleyes: Any help would be great....

I would say 8- 8 1/2 depends your setup, and prop, may want it shorter or longer.

nitrocrazed said:
Hey Tim,
What do you mean, unmuffled??? :huh:

We just recently bought a new noise meter.... :p

Ian.
Ian,

The rules state a noise limit only - they don't say you have to use a muffler. - I'll put one on the stinger anyway but I just wanted to mention the exact pipe as the factory muffled ones perform differently. If I got pinged for being over the noise limit with a 21 I'd be insisting on them checking all the gas boats and the twins in X hydro!

NT,

Thanks for the tip.

Tim.

Tim,

As far as I know the noise meter will be in operation...

I ran a 45 hydro with a Bolly pipe at the nats once without a muffler. Actually the muffler fell off and I never noticed, but it was under the noise limit anyway!

The funniest thing was the stock 45 outboards being over the noise limit, and there wasnt a thing that could be done or it wasn't stock anymore! :p

Nitrocrazed racing: Well under the noise limit. What??

I think a trip to the noise meter during open petrol or X hydro could be "interesting"

Latest posts

Back