Stan Harrington- D12 welcomes our newest member!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonShaw

Vendor
Here is a welcome to one of D12's newest members, Stan Harrington. Here are a few pics of his Zipp Kits Thunderboat built and painted by Dick Loeb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to District 12, Mr. Harrington. You have picked a fun class to race in with the Thunderboat. Hope to see you at the races this year.

Dick Tyndall

Welcome Stan. Hope you can make it up to a few district races this year and meet all the good people in D12.

District 12 has great racers and they will help you with any questions and problems that may come.. Just liked they helped me when i started model boating.. im always thankful for the great racers of D12 its a life changing experience..

Julian

Welcome Stan! ...ditto on what Julian said! Hope to see you at the races...

-Kent

Stan has jumped into this great hobby with both feet,he has electric ,nitro, gas boats. He is a 6 time National Champ Buggy and Drag Champ.Welcome to one of the best Dist. in the country.

I really appreciate the welcome and look forward to meeting all of you at the races. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend and so i can put the Thunderboat in the water. Dick did such a good job on the boat it should be a shelf queen, but that baby is going in the water.

I really appreciate the welcome and look forward to meeting all of you at the races. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend and so i can put the Thunderboat in the water. Dick did such a good job on the boat it should be a shelf queen, but that baby is going in the water.
Fresh MEAT in the water for HotLanta!!!!

Look forward to meeting you James (Stan)

Dick did a nice job on your T-Boat, I like the colors.

Watch out fellas...looks like he races hard...

I found a pic of one of his funny cars....stan-burn-down-fc.jpeg

Hey Kent, that picture brings back memories, 13 hour drive to the Nationals in Lynwood IL.racing on a first class track. Making some practice runs and the right rear tire exploded launching the car into space at 100 mph, and falling into a chain link fence. Lipo's and fence = fire, The good news was the backup car was faster and brought home the trophy. Dick has already told me he has wood and fiberglass and doesn't mind repairing at the lake.

Holy crap! Lol! Good thing for the (faster) backup car. Hey I also saw a clip of you running the rails....good stuff! You're gonna have a blast this year boating! 1st class people as well as drivers...

Yep...i've seen Dick rebuilding smashed boats..."Got any ca?"

-K

You are definitely in a good place Stan, we have some of the best racers,engine builders,cd's,and boat builders in the business. Since your a world champ in other r/c arenas,you will bring some good knowledge to d12 as well.

Dick has already told me he has wood and fiberglass and doesn't mind repairing at the lake.
Last time Dick was in Northern. VA he cleaned out all the hardware stores of epoxy. LOL Not his fault. He just seemed to have a target on his back that weekend.

Holy crap! Lol! Good thing for the (faster) backup car. Hey I also saw a clip of you running the rails....good stuff! You're gonna have a blast this year boating! 1st class people as well as drivers...

-K
Kent,

You got that mixed up. Beasley asks for the CA, Dick reaches for the West Systems!!!....LOL...... :D

Hey Kent, that picture brings back memories, 13 hour drive to the Nationals in Lynwood IL.racing on a first class track. Making some practice runs and the right rear tire exploded launching the car into space at 100 mph, and falling into a chain link fence. Lipo's and fence = fire, The good news was the backup car was faster and brought home the trophy. Dick has already told me he has wood and fiberglass and doesn't mind repairing at the lake.
You are going to have a blast Stan. Just watch out for William Whetstone (ww29). If he finds any incriminating pictures on the internet they WILL be posted!!!.... ;)

-K
Kent,

You got that mixed up. Beasley asks for the CA, Dick reaches for the West Systems!!!....LOL...... :D
Nope...that's when Dick asked everyone for their CA when Carol's boat got taken out...doh!!!

Hey Dick or Stan, What paint did you use on the T-Boat?? I'm going to try to shoot some Klass Kote for the first time this weekend.

Back