spray bomb paint

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronewbie

Is there any spray bomb paint out there that will hold up to 60% nitro. I'm painitng a new fueling support box and if I was to spill any, will anything hold up?? will any spray bomb clears hold up also??

Top Flite's LustreKote paint is only advertised as being able to take 20% but my boats have had 50% spilled on them and have held up. I used to use the Midwest/Pactra Formula-U but they quit making it, too bad as it had a better shine and was good for up to 60% but it would probably be able to take straight nitro.

Check the Hobby Shops up around you to see if anyone still has some stashed away.

I've tried Hangar 9 and Black Baron, they're both terrible.

VHT Automotive brake component paint will! I found this out on an old tunnel! After its been applied and allowed to cure for a day, place it in an industrial oven for a few hours at 150 ! Wet sand and polish and it will be inperviouse to 60 percent nitro, Gasoline, Asteroids, bouys etc.etc. 8 bucks a can and in all the rage colours!

Rust Oleum paint seems to hold up pretty well, but there clear does not at all. I have also heard that krylon works well, but havnt tried there clear yet either. Just my .02

Ive tried them all the top flite paint is only rated for like 15% nitro and goes on like crap. You can use rattle cans but you need to use like a urathane clear coat over it to protect it. :) Greg

Go to your local paint store and get some 2-part acrylic urethane. Go to your local hardware store and pickup a disposal aerosol sprayer fro Preval. They work great,spray about 16oz per aerosol and sell for $5.00.

Back