SPP ob on a MAC21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talonxracer

I am getting the dust off the boats this weekend. I will be setting the Nemesis up on the Lawless. I have 3 pipes to chose from sitting on the bench. a Silver Bullit HP, Cooper power pipe, and a SPP ob pipe. I was leaning towards the SPP. Can anyone tell me the correct procedure to add the nipple on the pipe and where? Thnx!

Doug

Think I inquired with Dave on that but can't find the pm. I put the pressure nipple in the bend right before it straightens out. Believe there is an internal baffle (or something to that effect) that is just around that area. Had to wiggle a piano wire to the header side of the pipe to put the nipple in. Using a Macs Pressure Fitting on mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Doug

Drill a hole for the nipple at the point where the the first cone taper meets the parallel section. Feed a piece of solder or fine wire down through the hole and push it until it comes out the header end. Place the nipple over the solder and bend it so it wont come off. then pull the solder back through so it comes out the hole you drilled and fit the nut with loctite.

Picture here for clarification SPP 21OB

Setup of the SPP pipe is from the plug center to the start of the widest part of the pipe. On my Nemesis i run this at 8.75" and come shorter from there and on WOF 30 and Lynx with Novas, MAC they will start at 8.25" and then shorten. I have found the Nemesis needs a little more torque.

Hope this helps, good luck and email me if you want to know more.

Regards

Dave

Sorry for the delay in responding Doug. we had some issues with me posting and pm ing! Tom got the message through for me, Thanks tom. anyway the picture did not come through so if you look in my gallery you will see the lawless, CMB SPP setup with the nipple in place. Pm me if you need to know anything else

Regards

Dave

Latest posts

Back