World OB Tunnel Champs Sponsorships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

Many THANKS to the generous folks for the sponsorship of the classes for the race. ALL HAVE NOW BEEN SOLD. However, WE STILL NEED RAFFLE DONATIONS. If you have any to offer, please contact me very soon to arrange the delivery.

The Charleston Model Boaters 2009 World OB Tunnel Championships are scheduled for May 1-3, 2009, at our lake in Johns Island, SC. We are now looking for raffle prize donations.

The number of trophies given out will depend on the number of entries received. Some classes will have 3, 4, 5 or 6 trophies given. Each trophy plaque costs $25 to sponsor. A class of 3 trophies will cost $75 to sponsor, 4 will be $100, 5 will be $125 and 6 will be $150. The list below notates each of the 8 classes being offered and how many trophies are EXPECTED to be given out:

Class Trophy - Trophy Number - Sponsor

MOD-VP - 3 - Outboard Model Concepts

B (20) - 6 - Ronald van Essen

Sport B - 6 - Creek Ratz Racing

D (40) - 6 - Mike Byer

Sport D - 4 - Halbrehder Family Agency

E/F (60/80) - 4 Seismic Racing

Gas - 3 - James Beasley, USA

FE "P" Spec - 3 - Jerry Dunlap

To sponsor a class, you must do at least 3 trophies. The classes with 4 are also preferred to have the same sponsor. For the large classes (6), you can sponsor a set of 3 (1-3 or 4-6), or all 6. It is also desired to have a sponsor to sponsor only 1 class to allow for more sponsors to step up.

In addition, if you sponsor a set of 4 or more, your race entry fees for the race are waived for 1 racer as a payback of gratitude for your generosity.

Raffle sponsors are greatly needed as well. The outstanding success of the past World Tunnel Champs has been achieved with the excellent contributions of boat hulls, engines, pipes, props, etc. We need you support again! If you donate a hull, engine or raffle items exceeding $100, your race fees can be waived.

Please e mail me at [email protected] if you desire to be a class sponsor and/or a raffle sponsor. I will reply with a registration form to be completed and sent with payment within 30 days. The past several years the sponsorships sold out in less than a week. We would be grateful if that would happen again for the 2009 race.

Many thanks to all for your consideration.

John

Raffle Donations Committed:

Aquacraft VS-1 tunnel hull

Woodstuff $100 certificate off any size hull

Woodstuff prop box - $60 value

REK lower

Certificates for various Lawless items

JJ Custom Racing Apparel items

Virginia Craftsman - exhaust couplers

MeTime Productions - 2 DVD's of the 2008 World Tunnel Champs race

HTB certificate off any size hull

HTB Silver Bullit pipes

Mark Scott custom built radio box

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi John

I will sponsor the B class if possible, otherwise the Sport-B class. of course all six of them.

Btw- John you've got mail.

Ronald

Hi John
I will sponsor the B class if possible, otherwise the Sport-B class. of course all six of them.

Btw- John you've got mail.

Ronald

Ronald,

Done for B tunnel. Payment received and thanks from the CMB club.

Jerry Dunlap is also sponsoring the FE class. Many thanks also from the CMB club.

6 classes remain to be sponsored. Post 1 will have all of the updated information.

john,

i'll take sport b. 1st thru 3rd. will get form back to you asap'

tim

I, on behalf on the United States Army, will sponsor the 3 Gas Tunnel class trophies. Hooah!! Guess the Air Force (Zoomies), Navy (Swabbies), and Marines (a sub-category of the Navy) will now have to step up to the plate! My pleasure, James Beasley, 22 years and still serving!

I, on behalf on the United States Army, will sponsor the 3 Gas Tunnel class trophies. Hooah!! Guess the Air Force (Zoomies), Navy (Swabbies), and Marines (a sub-category of the Navy) will now have to step up to the plate! My pleasure, James Beasley, 22 years and still serving!

James,

Thanks for the support. Will send you an e mail with the form and details.

Don't want to start an interservice war so I'll remain neutral. However, the Marines will not sette for being a subset of anything, including the Navy. They are more affectionally referred to as jarheads. I served 33 years as a DOD civilian, 25 of them with the Navy and many jarheads. I have met and served with thousands of service members of all branches, including the Coasties, and am proud of them and their service to our country, no matter what label is attached to them.

John

James,

Cannot match your 22 years of service and a big "THANK YOU" is in order.

That said my 3 years in the Marines show that they are always first to step up to the plate and beat the Army here again. HFA on behalf of the jarhead pukes everywhere.

Mic Halbrehder (got out in 71 cause they were trying to kill me)

John, I'll help you out with D and cover those 6.Thank you for your support of our race in Greensboro, and hope to see you and others from the south again this year. My mail [email protected]

Mike Byer

John, I'll help you out with D and cover those 6.Thank you for your support of our race in Greensboro, and hope to see you and others from the south again this year. My mail [email protected] Byer

Mike,

Many thanks from the CMB club. Just sent you an e mail with details.

Plan on being there at the PTPT race in May. Many of us will attend again.

John

The final class, E/F, has been sponsored by Seismic Racing. Post #1 has been updated.

However we are in great need for raffle donations for the race. If you have something that you wish to donate, please contact me very soon. More details are in the first post.

Thanks to all!

The final class, E/F, has been sponsored by Seismic Racing. Post #1 has been updated.
However we are in great need for raffle donations for the race. If you have something that you wish to donate, please contact me very soon. More details are in the first post.

Thanks to all!

John,

Since I am unable to personally make your race this year, Laura (my girlfriend) is up in the office mailing a donation check to your club for $50.00. We would like this donation to go towards buying you guys some new bouys because you are gonna need some after these guys get thru with your track! LOL.

Put "Van's Retro-Pro" down for "Track Donation for 2009"

Oh but my hired assassins will be coming so don't think it is going to be a cake walk.....

Thanks!

Carl Van Houten,

Hey Carl,

Sorry you are not going to be able to come to the race, hum???Wonder if it has anything to do with the girl friend? Remember me tell you about just getting you a good dog?

Mark

Thanks to all!

John,

Since I am unable to personally make your race this year, Laura (my girlfriend) is up in the office mailing a donation check to your club for $50.00. We would like this donation to go towards buying you guys some new bouys because you are gonna need some after these guys get thru with your track! LOL.

Put "Van's Retro-Pro" down for "Track Donation for 2009"

Oh but my hired assassins will be coming so don't think it is going to be a cake walk.....

Thanks!

Carl Van Houten,

Thanks for the donation! We have just bought some new inflatable buoys (no jokes guys - buoys, not dolls) that we hope will be more gentle on the boats. Just don't know if we will have them in place for the race.

Sorry you and the ALA gang cannot make the race. Won't be the same without you all.

Latest posts

Back