Sport Tunnels at the 2005 Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grim,

A couple of my guys from my club are going to run Sport 3.5cc but they are not web users. What do they need to know?

Carl,

VansRacing said:
Grim,
A couple of my guys from my club are going to run Sport 3.5cc but they are not web users. What do they need to know?

Carl,

97329[/snapback]

Carl,

I have taken on, with the blessing of the 2005 Internats CD, pre-race inspection of the hulls and motors. I would like to have the Name and address of each of the racers. I plan on sending a copy of the Sport tunnel rules (BY MAIL) to each of the competitors before the race date.

I would like to send them out as soon as registration closes.

ALSO:

Sport Racers,

By reading this post, please, if you are running a B class sport tunnel at the IMPBA internats in 2005 please send me (grimracer) your Name and Address (you can have a buddy do this for you if need be)

If you need to send it post.. send it to..

Grimracer

3404 Anderson Drive

Eau Claire WI 54703

Otherwise email as stated in the above post.

Kind Regards and thank you Carl

Grim

E-mail sent.

Way to think ahead Mike, this should make things go very smoothly

Keep it sponson side down

Brian

do you think my motor is faster than yours? maybe you need a lite :p Mikey yup my old leecraft will be banging on your muffler.....Mikey

SayMikey said:
do you think my motor is faster than yours? maybe you need a lite :p   Mikey yup my old leecraft will be banging on your muffler.....Mikey
97405[/snapback]

Lets ROCK honey pie... :huh: Dims racin words... :blink:

ROCK ON

Grim

brushlesstunnelhull said:
hey is it nitro only or electric too im not sure let me know
97466[/snapback]

BT,

For this Internats (2005) i will take the stand of not allowing electric motors to run in sport tunnel. Not cutting you dudes off at the hips but if i do not make it clear up front as otherwise things can get Ugly In a heart beat.

I do not feel it would be fair to both the Nitro guys and or the FE dudes to have me make an un-educated call this close to the cut off date for the 2005 event. I know very little about the FE side of Outboard racing as do most of the FE racers..(the class has been stagnant for some time)

Now for the future of Outboard racing.. notice i did not say Nitro nor does my directors position say nitro.. Just Outboard.. i would like to learn more about FE tunnels and have a race that I will be attending just days before the Jackson event.. I will have pictures and information at the big show..

Thanks for the question.

As it is im getting GREAT response to this post and you are all in for a great Sport Tunnel race.. Names are coming in a rapid rate and we are going to have a great showing of boats and drivers...

ROCK ON 2005 INTERNATS.

Grim

re: electric powered tunnel in Sport 20 Tunnel

Don't the engine rules for this class state something like "Maximum engine displacement is 3.5cc/.21ci?" They don't measure electric motors in terms of displacement. So, it would seem that the engine rule would eliminate electric power boats.

JD

Jerry Dunlap said:
re:  electric powered tunnel in Sport 20 Tunnel
Don't the engine rules for this class state something like "Maximum engine displacement is 3.5cc/.21ci?" They don't  measure electric motors in terms of displacement.  So, it would seem that the engine rule would eliminate electric power boats. 

JD

97916[/snapback]

Right you are JD.. hence the satment i would not (the rule book point this out as does JD) be allowing the boats to run in 2005.. having said this i would never say it might never happen.. years go by and things change.. you know the deal.

Sport tunnel is a way cool class and i would like to see it stay the same for years and years.. but it would be cool to add FE tunnels to some type of tunnel class so that we can see them run too.

Just a thought.

Grim

grim,

i have a hybrid motor will it be legal to run at the internats. its got water cooled head and a ss lower unit on it .its still a k&b anyway you look at it,i have also painted the muffeler to look like the sx motor also the head and the flywheel.

allen

Allen, if you read the rule book for the sport tunnel special class it will tell you all you need to know. Basically if K&B sold the motor as a production unit you can run it. therefore you cant run a ss motor with a water cooled head because they didnt come like that. and viceversa you cant run a water cooled motor with a ss head and lower unit/muffler. ~James

Last edited by a moderator:
aamick1971 said:
grim,  i have a hybrid motor will it be legal to run at the internats. its got water cooled head and a ss lower unit on it .its still a k&b anyway you look at it,i have also painted the muffeler to look like the sx motor also the head and the flywheel.

allen

97925[/snapback]

Allen,

To answer your question the best i can the motor WOULD be legal in the Mod Tunnel class but NOT legal the Sport tunnel class. The motors that run in sport tunnel must fall under the same production series.

Also painting the muffler is not going to make it either. One of the differences between the black muffler units and the non colored units is the diameter of the chamber. Hence if one was to install a non colored muffler on a K+B SX it would not pass through inspection either.

Now.. having said this.. As we know K+B has had many many floor sweep motors ship out there doors.. Some of the motors had odd parts and the like.. what we are going to be doing is following the rule book the best we can with the knowledge we have.

Its going to be a great race..

ROCK ON

Grim

krpnova said:
They do make an "SS" motor with a watercooled head. It is the "SX".
97931[/snapback]

Let me clarify Bobs statment if i might.. thanks bob..

K+Bs newest IMPBA B class motor is called the SX.

Thanks

Grim

krpnova said:
They do make an "SS" motor with a watercooled head. It is the "SX".
97931[/snapback]

Thats about as contridictory a statement as there can be. Its not an "SS" motor if its a "SX" motor. Two completely different things.

~James

sorry i didnt read the rules or know where they were it was just a question so maybe next year i might make it out now i hear that there is an electric race commin up in june any one know what it is and where is it ?

Latest posts

Back