Sport hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the sake of keeping track, has anyone started a list of those hulls that would be made illegal based on these new rules? Over on OSE (http://forums.offsho...1382#post411382), some have started listing them... Here are a few:

• MTO sport 40 and sport 20 round noses (illegal-keelson & transom width)
  • PT Stealth sport 20 (illegal-keelson & transom width)
  • Whiplash Sport 20 and 40 (illegal-keelson)
  • Mutt II sport 40 (illegal-air trap width)
  • H&M Sport 20 size round nose (illegal-keelson & transom width)
  • H&M SuperSport 21 (illegal-air trap width)

I'll update as more are discovered.

Before everyone totally panics, however, it appears that IMPBA directors are already working to address some of the issues here. As Doug Smock keeps telling people... "The sky isn't falling yet"... Maybe discuss as adults, air your concerns, and have a conversation about it. No need to get completely riled up. They are just trial rules at this point, after all... :)
Thanks for the list. Looks like my TWO sport hydro's are out, NOT HAPPY....TL
HA Im sure your boats are not out the proposal has been withdrawn for rework by IMPBA.

That list is not accurate anyway The Stealth 21 has a 9 inch sponson keel width and a 8 inch transom. The width at 50% APL is onlyabout 1/8th off.

I was redoing the bottom anyway to cure the NAMBA 65% front ride pad width to transom bottom width rule.

Dont know how the MTO boats are bad the 40 has a 8.5 inch sponson width and a 8 inch transom, the 50% APL width is ok too.

Why can't a sport 20/40 be like that of a limited today with a recessed transom mounted strut? Here is a pic of one.

TL

DSC_6472.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Or even just a standard transom mounted strut. would make mounting one a hell of alot easier for sure.

Dont know how the MTO boats are bad the 40 has a 8.5 inch sponson width and a 8 inch transom, the 50% APL width is ok too.
I had an MTO SP40, and was speaking from memory. My mistake. I thought that the transom was narrower than 80% of the tunnel width. BUt many roundnose hulls taper too quickly to meet the 50% straight keelson rule.

Regarding the NAMBA 65% rule; Does the ride pad width on hte sponsons include ride pad relief, or is it the sponson tunnel width?

The NAMBA 65% rule is for FE. It is measured between the ride pads, not the tunnel width between the keelsons. In essence it limits how much you can notch the sponsons. A boat like the Whiplash is legal, but you can't put the same notches on a round nose because of the generally narrow transom bottom.

On the MTO sport 20 and 40 hulls I have here, the air traps are too wide.

The NAMBA 65% rule is for FE. It is measured between the ride pads, not the tunnel width between the keelsons. In essence it limits how much you can notch the sponsons. A boat like the Whiplash is legal, but you can't put the same notches on a round nose because of the generally narrow transom bottom.

On the MTO sport 20 and 40 hulls I have here, the air traps are too wide.
yes that is one reason all rules should measure the same points.

For the sake of keeping track, has anyone started a list of those hulls that would be made illegal based on these new rules? Over on OSE (http://forums.offsho...1382#post411382), some have started listing them... Here are a few:

Before everyone totally panics, however, it appears that IMPBA directors are already working to address some of the issues here. As Doug Smock keeps telling people... "The sky isn't falling yet"... Maybe discuss as adults, air your concerns, and have a conversation about it. No need to get completely riled up. They are just trial rules at this point, after all... :)
HA Im sure your boats are not out the proposal has been withdrawn for rework by IMPBA.

That list is not accurate anyway The Stealth 21 has a 9 inch sponson keel width and a 8 inch transom. The width at 50% APL is onlyabout 1/8th off.

I was redoing the bottom anyway to cure the NAMBA 65% front ride pad width to transom bottom width rule.

Hey Phil what 65% rule? It's not in the nitro Sport Rules in NAMBA. Is that an electric rule?

Hey Phil what 65% rule? It's not in the nitro Sport Rules in NAMBA. Is that an electric rule?
YES only FE

The NAMBA 65% rule is for FE. It is measured between the ride pads, not the tunnel width between the keelsons. In essence it limits how much you can notch the sponsons

Would it not make things easier if the sport 20 & 40 rules were both the same with just different dimension sizes?

To clean things up make the strut rules the same.

Scott Liddycoat

Back