Sport hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxyflash

I see that theres very close guide lines of the size and shapes of the sport hydros like the 20/40 size.But when you go to the gas size there getting to look like a rigger.I dont like the looks of them.To me they should be the same just scaled up.Do you think im wrong for thinking this way?

So you like the new proposals for sport 20-40? I think gas have there own guidelines that suits that class ok. Go ask that on Jims, I will watch. :p

Now that you brought it up this is about new trial rules for IMPBA sport 20-40 in the Roostertail this month.

Maybe we can see how every one likes or dislikes the new guidlines, with out a big P match.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil i posted on the other forum.LOL See what this brings up i really dont like the looks of the new hulls there more like a modified rigger.The transom on a 20 hull is as wide as a gas sport hydro :unsure:

The only thing I don't like in the Trial Rules for this year is they allowed transom mount struts in 20 but not in 40.

That make very hard to keep water out of the hull in Electrics.

So I guess I will stop painting my new sport 40.

The only thing I don't like in the Trial Rules for this year is they allowed transom mount struts in 20 but not in 40.

The FE rules allow struts on the back this is just for nitro sports. I would like to see transom mounted struts allowed on all sport boats.

I want to watch this close. I like Sport boats..

Jim, Elaborate on the water out of FE so you will stop painting your new Sport 40? I dont follow?

Grim

Trial rules look good and is a step in the right directions. I would like to see transom mounted struts on everything just like the real boats. Are conventionals now illegal since they won't meet the transom width rule?

It is way ~ way over due

The FE rules allow struts on the back this is just for nitro sports. I would like to see transom mounted struts allowed on all sport boats.

I want to watch this close. I like Sport boats..

Jim, Elaborate on the water out of FE so you will stop painting your new Sport 40? I dont follow?

Grim
Trial rules look good and is a step in the right directions. I would like to see transom mounted struts on everything just like the real boats. Are conventionals now illegal since they won't meet the transom width rule?

It is way ~ way over due

Roostertail is back up!

I race electrics and they don't like water! Strut thur the bottom is a big leak waiting to happen.

Roostertail is back up!

I race electrics and they don't like water! Strut thur the bottom is a big leak waiting to happen.
Hey Jim,

From J-17 of the Fast Electric rules. ;)

9. Only one strut and rudder is to be used. The maximum strut size is, 9/16

inch wide and 3 inches long. The strut maybe mounted under the hull or

to the transom. The strut must be mounted in a fixed position when the

boat is running on the water

10. All running hardware must be of a suitable size and installed in a manner

that does not add to, create another riding surface or add any lift to the

hull. All running hardware and installations may not be aggressively

oversized for the intended function.

D.

http://impba.net/attachments/152_M12Z.pdf

SO who thinks this will pass the vote??

What if somenoe has a boat that does'nt meet one of these new rule in the trial peroid? does he have to park it till a vote?

I thinks it is a good idea to try to clarify the sport rules, but this may have too many numbers for many to understand. Not really going to help build up the sport classes.

What do all of you sport boaters think? (good or bad) cause it will come up for a vote.

Back