Sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Thomas

Looking for help from the BIG DOGS-Phil, Bob, Troy......Looking for proper sizes for a sport 20. Minimum or maximum length, min/max tunnel width, afterplane length, air trap design. I keep thinking about this Dumas Pay n' Pak, with the Grimmy Cowl. I'm thinkin' bout lightening it a little too. What else should I do to it.....

Hey Chris,

It doesn't look like anyone wants to share their ideas with you. I know a hull

around 30" to 32" is going to perform well with a 21 motor. Prop wise I think

the new 1614 should work rather well.

Just a few thoughts for ya, :)

Mark Sholund

Sho boat what do they have that is like a 440/3 with some pitch added i think my sport20 hydro boat can use some more pitch. i have that abc 3blade it runs fine with that too.

Phil Thomas

Buoyhunter said:
Looking for help from the BIG DOGS-Phil, Bob, Troy......Looking for proper sizes for a sport 20. Minimum or maximum length, min/max tunnel width, afterplane length, air trap design. I keep thinking about this Dumas Pay n' Pak, with the Grimmy Cowl. I'm thinkin' bout lightening it a little too. What else should I do to it.....
Chris save your money for one of my boats PHIL

Phil,

I think the 1614/2 or the 1614/3 blade will work real well. I just got some in

the other day. I will post some pictures in a few days. I don't have a digital

camera yet, so I do it the old fashion way. :lol:

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Hello Phil, I have been waiting for some pics. I should be on your waiting list too. Sorta gettin' the bug to run something, but haven't heard from you ? Got a sport forty of yours I'm looking to paint, when the weather breaks, of course.

Chris,

Why wait for spring. Prep the hull and bring it over to the shop on a weekend and you can paint in comfort.

Mark

Hey Phil that new Sport 20 of yours sure look good...I'am going to have to start saveing alittle more to get one....

Buoyhunter said:
Hello Phil, I have been waiting for some pics. I should be on your waiting list too. Sorta gettin' the bug to run something, but haven't heard from you ? Got a sport forty of yours I'm looking to paint, when the weather breaks, of course.
Chris,,I tried to send you a email but it didnt go. email me at [email protected]

had the email wrong Phil

Last edited:
Hey Phil looks good. Nice paint job! Phil, how long is the afterplane on your boat? Looks a little short. Bob

I would like to comment on this if I can..

The aft plane is a little hard to pick out in the pictures.

This boat is very cool as it has a set of drop sponsons and that is way you see this as being short. The back of the sponsons end before the point shown in the photo..

Its a killer hull.

Grim :D

Did some more work on My new Super Sport 21 boat. Finally got the cowl locks done for the cowling. All i had before was tape.

I used the new cowl locks from Power Surge, they sure look good and work nice.

Just press down and they are latched and with a 1/4th turn and they open up.

All i had to do is make a L for the spring latch and drill a 11/64 hole in the cowl deck and into the L mount. the hole in the L mount was enlarged to 3/16. I fastened the spring latch with short 4-40 screws.

You can find these at Mike Z www.grimracer.com

PHIL

Last edited by a moderator:
P THOMAS said:
Did some more work on My new Super Sport 21 boat. Finally got the cowl locks done for the cowling. All i had before was tape. I used the new cowl locks from Power Surge, they sure look good and work nice.

Just press down and they are latched and with a 1/4th turn and they open up.

All i had to do is make a L for the spring latch and drill a 11/64 hole in the cowl deck and into the L mount. the hole in the L mount was enlarged to 3/16. I fastened the spring latch with short 4-40 screws.

You can find these at Mike Z www.grimracer.com

PHIL
here is the other part mounted in the hull

Latest posts

Back