Sport 20 rollcall

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my spt20 I finished up not long ago.

Attachments

• 20200719_164004.jpg
    20200719_164004.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 57
  • 20200719_163936.jpg
    20200719_163936.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • 20200719_163915.jpg
    20200719_163915.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • 20200806_192301.jpg
    20200806_192301.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 60
Ya ml 338, oh ****, well see if that happens to mine, has only made a few laps so far.
I think you might be OK. Your boat seems to have the carbon run up the side of the tub to create more holding power. When Sam nose dive it in, the water hydrolic the bottom of boat off. He only has the carbon running in the bottom of the boat.
Mike

I think you might be OK. Your boat seems to have the carbon run up the side of the tub to create more holding power. When Sam nose dive it in, the water hydrolic the bottom of boat off. He only has the carbon running in the bottom of the boat.
Mike
Actually it does not, I laminated all the pieces before assembly, I did rough up the gluing surfaces good and there is descent little fillet down the seam so we will see.

Actually it does not, I laminated all the pieces before assembly, I did rough up the gluing surfaces good and there is descent little fillet down the seam so we will see.

If that’s the case the floor will rip out. I learned the hard way. Ran fine maybe a couple races. Took a really bad stuff and from the force of the water it ripped the floor completely off.
Only thing holding the motor to the boat was the shaft.

If anything I would maybe fiberglass the floor to sides?

I’ll post a picture of what mine did.

If that’s the case the floor will rip out. I learned the hard way. Ran fine maybe a couple races. Took a really bad stuff and from the force of the water it ripped the floor completely off.
Only thing holding the motor to the boat was the shaft.

If anything I would maybe fiberglass the floor to sides?

I’ll post a picture of what mine did.
What I'm thinking, or maybe some tri gussets or some carbon angle.

Like you I thought opening it open would be awesome for Nitro.But when you take the internals out, It weakens the floor structure badly. Sad part is I have a brand new Sport 20 like that also that we haven’t ran yet. I have to somehow fix what I did to make the floor stronger.

Like Sam said, you need to do something. Lay in some 1" carbon tape along the edge. I would also suggest a carbon tube jsut behind the suffing box. Across the center of the bottom to give it some support. You can drill it into the tub sides and slide it into one side more than slide it back the other way. This will give you a solid point that cant be ripped out. Then glass the boom to the floor.
Miike

C761D941-B994-4BAD-93E3-5520DC56EAD4.jpeg

Here’s the Sport 20 I haven’t ran yet. Just because I’m scared of the floor doing the same thing. I think if we find a way to get the floor to stay on better it’ll be fine.

9FC71320-A96D-4169-94B7-563037B9E9BF.jpeg

Some angle I put in the middle.CA4B96E0-2F5F-4D2C-86EF-E84D54AAD963.jpeg

This rod I left on because with out it the boat twisted really bad. Keeping this rod in it helped the twist.

Maybe you should do 2 of them that way. Dont have to be big tubes. I would suggest 3/16. You could do another one towards the back

B7892B47-D4BB-4763-A623-09EA5E1A3622.jpeg

So what I think would help is give the floor something more in the front to glue to. So I’m going to fix what I got and I added some material for the floor to stick to.
I’m also going to fiberglass the floor to the sides and give it another go. Love the boat. Handles great and was fast.

Latest posts

Back