Sport 20 rollcall

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apologize if this has been asked before, but what hulls seem to have an edge these days? Seems like the Whip, ML Boatworks and Phil thomas are great choices. I love the Whiplash, but how do the others compare in handling? Race water...seems the ML might have an edge as it looks pretty big?

Bradley Maglinger won the Sport 20 Nitro Nats with a ML. His Sport 20 is tough to beat. It’s very fast. Handles geeat

My wife came in 2nd and has won the District Championship with a Phil Thomas hull. We love the way it handles. It’s setup for rough water.

The new 20 Whiplashes have been revised but I haven’t seen anyone run the new one locally in a while.

Phil Thomas runs his own design and it’s very fast. I would say it’s all about setup and not boat. They are all very good. These are all nitro boats.

Last edited:
How does the boat run?

Mark,
Not entirely sure yet. Had some first season issues. (It was my first complete build) Only a few laps at speed on it and it seems super flighty, but I think we can get that ironed out and it should be fast.

After that I started having fuel delivery problems. Got those figured out at a winter fun run and then COVID hit and canceled the season, so here we are.

Not me :(
Between work and stuff the wife wants to get done, I'm kind of stuck at home. That said, would love to go back to the Rocket campground. Lots of stuff to see and do there when I wasn't racing

I am planning on throwing my sp20 into the ring this year. Only boat that I did not do the overhaul on. Needs some upgrading, but she is still fast.
Mike

No nats.......time to tear it down. Lots of racing rash from over the years. So many of them CA back together and then taped over. No more bubble gumming it together.

Attachments

• 20200904_182831.jpg
    20200904_182831.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • 20200904_182859.jpg
    20200904_182859.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
Back