SPORT HYDRO COWL HOLD DOWNS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Group, I am building a Performance International Sport Hydro, What type of cowl hold downs are most of you using? Thank you.
I have been using rare earth or neodymium (spelling?) magnets. They are the strong ones. The diameter is approx 1/2” or 5/8”. The sell a kit a Home Depot or Lowe’s that’s supposed to be. Cabinet patching kit where you get a couple magnets, hardware etc…. You can get them on Amazon and stuff like that too.

In the past I have used twist lock, push lock, etc… available from places like Zippkits and Gizmo or Aeromarine if you can get ahold of.

Some guys will use ball link ( the ball ends) on the cowl and in the deck and will attach an o-ring. This is simple and it works.

Whatever method, I like having a pin or lip in the front of the cowl and a slit where it mates with in the hull and then use the fasteners in the rear.

You can always add a little glass and cloth or carbon fiber to stiffen/straighten up the cowl then set it up with magnets. But as mentioned above Stump Fab has a really nice o-ring set up.

Attachments

• 255E27E2-32D8-4D36-811A-2FF85D81AB16.jpeg
    255E27E2-32D8-4D36-811A-2FF85D81AB16.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 0
Back