Sport 20 hull and motors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Red Machine

Inquiring minds want to know. Have seen several electric boats marketed as Sport 20 hulls. Some may be too short? I see Phil's hull is 31" long and some electrics are 25" long but considerably less money. Anybody have any luck converting these hulls to nitro?

Also, motors. Sure, you can drop a hot 20 in there, but what docile motors do you guys run in these that turn it up but are easy to find parts for?

The Super Sport 21 hull is 29 3/4 long.

What hulls are being used for sport 20 hydro?

I have seen many scratch built or modified Dumas boats.

Note that the NAMBA racing rules have a minimum lenght of 27 inches for sport20 hydro.

Would a minimum of 27" and max of 35" interfere with any boats racing sport 20 hydro?

A addition to the IMPBA rule book for sport 20 to be added is in the works.

PHIL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello BRM,

Have seen several electric boats marketed as Sport 20 hulls. Some may be too short? I see Phil's hull is 31" long and some electrics are 25" long but considerably less money.
I'm not sure which boats your looking at but the sport 20 FE hulls I know of are all at least 29" which is the NAMBA minimum length for Q-Sport. (where the sport 20s are used) I know of one guy running a FE H&M Oberto in sport 20, I'm pretty sure it was the boat called "buttwiper" in some pics I saw of the Nats. I just sold a sport 20 I was building for FE in the for sale section, it was a Miss Supertest shovel (31"s) by Climate.

Paul.

Back