Sport 12 now a legit class?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

OK, here's the deal. The Flint record trials are coming up very soon. I've got a Sport 12 hydro that's now in pieces but can be thrown back together rather quickly. Just for giggles I'd like to establish a baseline SAW and oval record for this class if I now can.

That's the question; will I be allowed to shoot for a record now in .12 ("A") Sport hydro?

OK, here's the deal. The Flint record trials are coming up very soon. I've got a Sport 12 hydro that's now in pieces but can be thrown back together rather quickly. Just for giggles I'd like to establish a baseline SAW and oval record for this class if I now can.

That's the question; will I be allowed to shoot for a record now in .12 ("A") Sport hydro?
if IMPBA say we can race.12 or approve? if so I would say its legit...

Last edited by a moderator:

In one word- no. If the class passes it doesn't take effect until June so any "record" runs will have to occur after that time.

In one word- no. If the class passes it doesn't take effect until June so any "record" runs will have to occur after that time.
now that stinks on ice.. :angry: .that shouldve start at the begining of race season..or first of this year.

Well, I've got to hope that nobody else shoots for it until fall or try to up their record. That Quarles guy I'm guessing will establish a fast run with his.

Well, I've got to hope that nobody else shoots for it until fall or try to up their record. That Quarles guy I'm guessing will establish a fast run with his.
Ron, I'm leaving this one to you my friend! At least for the time being...

Although I love living in Del Rio with the AWESOME Lake Amistad I have no place to run boats and certainly no place to test for record trials. Kinda frustrating at times as I read about others going fast, but that is all part of life and I'm OK with it.

I hope the class passes and I hope you set some good records!

Glenn

now that stinks on ice.. :angry: .that shouldve start at the begining of race season..or first of this year.
The season is already well under way and votes for this are still in process. We don't even know if it will pass so IF it does we'll deal with it at that time. Until then take a chill pill and relax. Besides, if it does pass it'll just be another record that my pal Kentley will probably wind up owning anyways. The guy's already started wallpapering his shop with records certificates as I've seen it first hand. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The season is already well under way and votes for this are still in process. We don't even know if it will pass so IF it does we'll deal with it at that time. Until then take a chill pill and relax. Besides, if it does pass it'll just be another record that my pal Kentley will probably wind up owning anyways. The guy's already started wallpapering his shop with records certificates as I've seen it first hand. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just remember Don there somebody else out there that will have a faster boat that could break his records too.,

OK kids, relax. I was just asking a simple question. There may already be some that have seen water that could be faster than what I can slap together. Anyone that shows up at a record trial has aspirations of setting a record and I was hoping to have my shot at one. This seemed like a good class for me to take a shot, even if it's for a baseline for others to go for. There could be some other Sport 12 owners thinking that there's is faster so they'll want to go after a record. It'd just be cool to be able to get one piece of wallpaper and hold a record if just for a few months.

No matter how you look at it, Ron, right now is the time to be working on and testing your record boat. Worst case is you hold the record until the next boat hits the water :D

Just remember Don there somebody else out there that will have a faster boat that could break his records too.,
doubt it..lol his stuff is sonic fast... and it sure wont be a proboat doin it..lol

tk

doubt it..lol his stuff is sonic fast... and it sure wont be a proboat doin it..lol

tk
deleted...

Don or Tom, lock this thread down please. I got my answer and that's all I needed. The rest of this bickering isn't needed.

The problem is that I consider both of you friends and I don't like to see this stuff constantly going on between you two. I feel like I get stuck in the middle of this whether it's in here or the chatroom.

This whole thread will be a moot subject if the class doesn't pass if nobody votes for it. With the urinating contest that's going on in here I'm liable to vote it down myself then throw the boat out in my driveway and run over it a few times!!!!! :angry:

OK, here's the real world.

A lot of us would like to see the Sport 12 class come to fruition. Next, find a club that will allow the class to run.

How many are running the .12 'rigger class this year? We've got this little problem called time at one-day events as you can only squeeze so many classes into that thing called time. Sure, I'd love to see every .12 class race but it ain't gonna happen unless we have a specialty class race like one for under .21's only.

HJ, good to see that you deleted your postings in the name of peace. Some people (myself included) get "passionate" in the forums or OT, another thing that I've had a tendency to do.

The voting deadline was Friday so I haven't seen the results yet so right now I'm waiting for that.

At the record trials in Flint yesterday I was talking to Gary Preusse and come to find out, he's had some Sport .12's sitting around for a while that I believe that David built many years ago. Now in October I may have some competition in shooting for the records. I'd better get things in gear if I've got a shot at it now!

Not a word yet but some members would have to vote no for it not to pass so we can only hope for the best right now. The BOD may be waiting for votes to come in through the snail mail which would have to be dated by the end of last month to be counted.

OT, but after being on the site I'm surprised at how few of the members have signed up to be able to vote online and no telling how many actually have done so. Getting the go-ahead to get approved to vote is slow also, it took me a good week to get a reply back and for my son, about the same amount of time so we've got 2 votes now in this house. He's well over 18 and has his own IMPBA number. He knows the importance of voting on anything as he did get to vote in the last big election.

Back