Spektrum Telemetry

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian-lepinski

:)Spektrum Telemetry has any one else tried it yet. I have it installed in my scale boat. pictures are posted on my blog http://www.rcunlimiteds.blogspot.com/ . I would like to know if any one else has tried or any questions you might have on it thati might be able to answer. feel free to post here and my blog. I moderate any posts to my blog so it may take a bit for post to show up on my blog. :)

Hi mark the little box is like a second set of servo ports used for the lap counter,temp and rpm. The only compliant i have is they dont supply a y connector. You need a y to plug in battery and telemetry in to the reciever. Both use the same port on the reciever.

Hi mark the little box is like a second set of servo ports used for the lap counter,temp and rpm. The only compliant i have is they dont supply a y connector. You need a y to plug in battery and telemetry in to the reciever. Both use the same port on the reciever.
:blink: :unsure: Problem: lot of drink current amp battery then engine will shut off from fail safe. Will you be not happy "DNF" ? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
:) I had no problem today with power 5 test laps of 5 laps each. Then i ran 5 test heats 3 laps with a 3 min warm up using a 6v 2200 mah battery still had 4.8 volts left. 21,000 rpms peak 150 head temp on a 40+ degree day 58 mph on gps mac .67 octura 1465 prop.

Last edited by a moderator:
:) I had no problem today with power 5 test laps of 5 laps each. Then i ran 5 test heats 3 laps with a 3 min warm up using a 6v 2200 mah battery still had 4.8 volts left. 21,000 rpms peak 150 head temp on a 0= degree day 58 mph on gps mac .67 octura 1465 prop.
:eek: Wonderful working ,very interesting..

Brian, Beautiful circus. I love that hull. did you get my pictures I sent??

I have used the Eagle tree system on my sport and scale boats.

The recorder system works well, but the telemetry was hit and miss.

I had a hard time keeping the temp probe tight on the motor. I used baling wire eventually.

Did you hook up the RPM sensor? mine only stayed on for 1 run.

Cool info, but pricey. Used it last spring for testing but never during racing. Info overload!!!

Brian

Brian, Beautiful circus. I love that hull. did you get my pictures I sent??

I have used the Eagle tree system on my sport and scale boats.

The recorder system works well, but the telemetry was hit and miss.

I had a hard time keeping the temp probe tight on the motor. I used baling wire eventually.

Did you hook up the RPM sensor? mine only stayed on for 1 run.

Cool info, but pricey. Used it last spring for testing but never during racing. Info overload!!!

Brian
Brian,

I have an Eagle Tree system mounted in an Eagle SG67 with a MAC 67 engine. To mount the rpm sensor, I drilled the edge of the flywheel (closest to the cylinder) for the magnets and pressed/glued with JB Weld to hold them in place. The two magnets are 180 degrees apart. The pickup sensor is then mounted to a custom made aluminum bracket that attaches to the engine mount. This system has worked well and is out of the way of the starting belt. I have a scale boat that I will put the Eagle Tress System eventually. Will use the same type of arrangement.

On the cylinder temperature, I was afraid of getting a good tight reading as well with the supplied RTD sensor. Instead I opted for the Temperature Expander module. This allowed me to use regular thermocouples. For the cylinder temp. I made a glow plug washer with thermocouple that fits under the glow plug. The temp expander also has a second terminal which allowed for exhaust gas temperatures readings.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want pictures.

Mike

Latest posts

Back