Speed Sr. & Speed Jr.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Jr.

Hey guys, Larry Gempp Jr here....Just figured Id give some friends an update on myself and the old man. We have been pushing the limits of our full size race boats this summer. My father's boat has made some huge improvements. His boat is a Hydrostream Vegas with a stock Evinrude Etec 250HO. His boat wasnt really designed for racing but he runs it anyways. Its a bit heavy and doesnt plane off well, but its still sweet. So far the boat has ran 92mph and I truly believe it has more in it. Thats an amazing number for a completely stock motor. I have attatched two pictures of my fathers boat. The first is him making a pass at the Three Lakes Shootout. The second is a top end run on the Chain of Lakes. 789a86a9.jpgIMG_7425.jpg

My boat has been a ongoing project also. Its a Hydrostream Venom with a modified 3.4L Next Generation Etec. The boat is getting faster every week we run. Im currently second in points at Blarney's Island (2nd to my teammate) But getting closer to his numbers every week. As for speeds, the motor is capable of pushing the boat past its limits, so I havent tried an all out top end run and dont care too. I would guess around 115mph would be an easy task for the motor.... I have attatched a pic from Three Lakes Shootout and a youtube video onboard camera where at the end of the second pass Im running 104mph with ease. IMG_1268.jpg

In case you guys are wondering, I still have all my RC stuff and plan to sneak out to a D4 race this year if I can swing it. My father will be at Mendota for the Minute Breakers race, but I will be racing the Venom that weekend up north. To all my fellow RC boaters and friends, I miss you all and even if I dont race, I will try to make it to Hobart and hang out....... Lane one is open, time to fill it..........

Larry Gempp Jr.

Larry... coolness on racin the big stuff! Think safe and hang on.... with all intensive plans on Mendota attendance, could ya at least give your dad last years truggie, to further the 'lot entertainment?... maybe a second floor attempt this time..... keep on keepin on, man, we'll catch ya around...... mike

Jr, nice to hear from you again. Been a long time since I got to bs with you brother. Glad to see you and your dad are still having a blast together. Keep cool brother!

Both their boats are really cool, it was really good to see them up in three lakes for the shoot out. Will be there next year, since its so far from home not. Take care out there guys.

Richie R

hey jr, good to hear from you.boats look and run awesome! your 3.4 on the back, what is the cubes and how much hp about?also what wheel are you running? mikie.

hey jr, good to hear from you.boats look and run awesome! your 3.4 on the back, what is the cubes and how much hp about?also what wheel are you running? mikie.

Its 3.4L (liters) Im not sure how much cubes that comes out too. HP? I cant say a number, but I put the 335hp Simon Modified 300X Mercurys back on their trailers in a hurry. So Im either way more than 335hp, or Simon Motorsports completely lie about making the power they do.....Im going with the second of the two.....I run a custom 14.75 diameter by 26 pitch prop in 800ft drags and a 30 Mazco in 1000ft.....

Jr.

IMG_2086.jpg

thanks for the info.love lots of power on small boats. fun till they become aeroplanes.used to have a 19 ft glastron(surfboard with motor)with a 300GT and boy when that thing got lite,my butt was cringing. :eek: good luck with it and be safe. mike.

I always watch your full scale posts with interest. I have a Bullet 20xdc with a merc 300xs. It is just a fishing boat but still runs consistenty over 100mph with my best being 106. It is fun to read about what you guys are doing.

Eric

Last edited by a moderator:
Back