Southern Oregon Boaters?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spraguepsycho1

Are there any other r/c boaters here in southern Oregon? I have searched online and can't seem to find any boating clubs in the area, and all Namba races seem to be from Eugene north into Wa. I would love to hear if there are any "official" namba or impba ponds in the southern Oregon area, preferable near Medford or Klamath Falls. If there's no clubs locally, hopefully at least there may be somebody lurking around this site that lives in the area and has boats. I would love to find other people to enjoy this sport with, but I can't afford to drive 300 miles or more just to go play for a day here and there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Glide ,OR. if this counts. but no local club other than in eugene. I run localy and with the eugene bunch and thare is 2 boaters in meford. thar run with the eugine club.

:)

That's good to know, I'm about 45 miles NE of Klamath Falls, my nearest hobby shop is 125 miles away in Medford. I usually don't get over to the Eugene area unless I'm fighting a wildland fire in the summer, but I might be able to talk the wife into going over to check out one of the bigger races sometime. Does the Eugene club have a website?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent 13 years in and around Chiloquin, the fishing and hunting are great. Used to run in the Williamson, I take it from the name you are up on the Sprauge river somewhere. The best kept secret is the size of the trout. But no boaters to be found anywhere near.

Yeah I live in Sprague River, and my kids used to go to school in Chiloquin (transfered them to Bonanza this year), wife still works in Chiloquin. I live up on Squaw Flat Rd about 1 1/2 miles from town. I know what you mean about the trout, comming from So Cal where a 10 inch fish was a keeper worth bragging about, the locals around here throw those back.lol

The Eugene club has an active schedual. Every year on labor day they host a Dist. 8 race and usually have a get together or two every month. Contact Lohring Miller of B&M Lee craft. He is active in the club there.

Mark

Allen Burns in Medford, Clarance Smith in Grants Pass, Larry Broman, Mike, and Monica Shaw from Coos Bay are all very active members of Emerald RC Boats. I work part of the week in Grants Pass. Our pond is located in Springfield and has a course set all year. I am out many days when it isn't raining and our 6 to 8 race schedule will begin in the spring. We host a District 8 race on Memorial Day weekend. We have additional fun runs as well. The most popular classes run by club members are gas monos, crackerboxes, riggers, and sport hydros as well as nitro tunnels and sport 40s. E-mail me if you want to run a boat.

Lohring Miller

Thanks fror all the replies guys. This is great I didn't know there were this many people around that were into boats. Right now I don't know if the boat I am working on would be worth trying to race or not, or what class it would be dropped into. I might have to wait to try racing until I can get ahold of a good running .21 for it, and even then with the flatbottom hull it might not handle well enough to run on a track safely lol. Hoping next year will be better for me financially, so possibly then I could afford to buy something else to race. I printed this thread so I have all the names and locations for future reference.

Thanks again :)

Latest posts

Back