South Carolina Championship

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worry's John.I have raced with both these guys and while the head bashing is pretty consitant on these forums,I can assure you they are both gentleman and great sportsman when it comes to the lakeside.

This is a sure sign that that there WILL be some heated battles at The SC tunnel Champs next spring.But again you will only need to watch the pond for the fight.Not the pits.

Last edited by a moderator:
No worry's John.I have raced with both these guys and while the head bashing is pretty consitant on these forums,I can assure you they are both gentleman and great sportsman when it comes to the lakeside.

This is a sure sign that that there WILL be some heated battles at The SC tunnel Champs next spring.But again you will only need to watch the pond for the fight.Not the pits.

Dennis,

I trust that will be the case.

Guys, and I mean Paul, Ron, Alan, etc., cease the current talk. Look at the initial topic post and keep any discussion along those lines ONLY. It has gotten way off topic and a mud slinging contest under my club race topic. And it need to stop. If you have issues keep them amongst yourselves and off this board.

John

Hi John,

It is rather simple for me. Your reply to Ron was not in the spirit of racing and had a note of turning a CMB race into a personal battleground. It will not be tolerated at any of our races and is why I replied accordingly and I stand with it. If you take that not as a warm and fuzzy so be it. You do not know me either and have not spoken with me, ever. The welfare of the club and races come first with me.
Wait a minute here, where do you get that from? CMB race into a personal battleground, huh? Please read my posts again because there's nothing in them like that. And until I was insulted by Ron my posts were only related to battery usage and the fact that used correctly one shouldn't have problems with the mentioned cells. Those battery facts are in contrast to what Ron posted which in my eyes is misinformation.

Paul.

leave it to those **** FE guys :D

Now everyone repeat after me,...boat racing is fun...boat racing is fun...batteries are for flashlights...boat racing is fun... boat racing is fun.

(sorry had to slip that one in there..)

~James

[quote name='Capt Ron"

i tried to get by with a close-call set-up and it didn't fly...

i learned from my mistake and will live to run another day...

not a big deal on this end...

W. Ron Green

i stand by this post...

it's no a big deal on this end B)

the dummy from Central Florida...

if i offended the honorable Mississippi Fast Electric Wizzard who dominates over Nitro and Gass where ever he chooses, i am so sorry...

W. Ron Green :lol:

I know all of these guys. They may sound like nasty types, but I can assure everyone that it all melts away at the pond.

Big boats and opinionated but lovable just the same. We all ought to take EVERYTHING posted on these forums with a grain of salt.

Just learn to duck. :D

hey, hey, come on now you AMP heads settle down :)

This kind of stuff brings the sport down, please remember that!

Hope to meet you all at the Tunnel champs next year!!

GEEEEZZZZ!!!! I thought us nitro burners got riled up easy but you boys take the cake!! Can I suggest that with all this voltage you guys throw around that perhaps some self induced shock therapy is in order?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just pokin' fun guys but let's keep it cool, keep in mind that we're all playin' with toy boats when it comes right down to it. ;)

I don't know Don, I've read some pretty darned heated exchanges among both the fueler and electric ranks here - and none of it belongs on a public forum. The moderator may want to look more closely, the airing of heated feelings is detrimental to the hobby and puts off too many newbie lurkers. Why would they want to join the R/C boating hobby when a lot of what they read is fighting and flaming? :(

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM indeed! Barry Goldwater would be proud. :)

hmmm i edited some posts (2-3) a little...dont be offended just thought it would make things sound a little better to read...

most of what has been said seems to be some crossed wires so let get over it and get back into some racing!!!

Paul, will you be coming to the Tunnel Champs??

Kris

Hi Kris,

No. I've been told I'm not welcome in Dist. 13 and for the very first time in my boating experiance I'm left with a very bad impression. I would also say that sponsorship dollars that were going to the race will most likely be withdrawn.

There are some BS rumors going around about me and frankly I don't like it. If that's the way people around that area wish to conduct themselves I'll have nothing to do with it.

Paul.

Hi Kris,

No. I've been told I'm not welcome in Dist. 13 and for the very first time in my boating experiance I'm left with a very bad impression. I would also say that sponsorship dollars that were going to the race will most likely be withdrawn.

There are some BS rumors going around about me and frankly I don't like it. If that's the way people around that area wish to conduct themselves I'll have nothing to do with it.

Paul.

Paul,

If you are referring to my earlier post (# 37) may I suggest you read it again. At NO time did I say you were not welcome. Anything but. The CMB club is ONLY interested in having fun at the races and putting on races in which that will be achieved. We are not interested in personal agenda's or political arguments or issues at our races. There are many a racer in surrounding areas that can give solid testimony of our past races that the CMB club has hosted. The future ones shall be no different. The ego's and bravado's are not welcome. And I clearly noted to leave those at home and come and have FUN at the races. If you chose to twist that to mean that you are not invited or not welcome, that is flat wrong. Our races are for fun, fellowship and enjoyment and not for a battleground.

The CMB club went way out on a limb to allow an FE class to run, and other FE boats to run in a open class, in a D 13 race. We were not sure how it would turn out but it was a success and is going to be expanded to include a FE hydro class as well as a mono class next year's South Carolina Championships. It is very clear that the FE racers have very few racing venues available to them so we created one and I hope that other clubs will follow suit. Why did we do it? Simple - boat racing is racing, regardless of the power plants. We are all fellow racers and should support each other. It was that simple for us. The CMB club is offering two races for the FE racing community to participate. If the growth hits high gear maybe the future would hold an all FE race but the participation and attendance would have to be there for that leap of faith to happen. Embrace the vision of growth for the FE racing!

Maybe that will now give you a better understanding of what I meant and where the CMB club is coming from. I hope so. Please do not read more into it than there is. But do not draw the club into a dispute or other problems among the community. What is clear is that there exists a schism between some of the FE racers for various reasons, none that the CMB club has any direct interest in. That is for the FE racing community to resolve privately and not in an open forum. Any residual certainly is not to be brought to any race, including ours. And THAT was my point.

Paul you are personally extended an invitation to attend our upcoming National OB Tunnel Championships on March 24-25, 2007. The more venues available for the FE racers can only help in the growth of the FE racing. The larger the number of FE racers that attend can only bolster that opportunity. There will be an FE tunnel class offered. Weekend, casual, national and international level racers are most welcome so bring the fun with you and enjoy the races because that is why we do it. You will not be disappointed. I hope you do come. Ball is in your court now.

John

Hello John,

My comments wern't aimed at you, my apologies if you took it that way. It was however clearly stated I wasn't welcome in Dist. 13 via email. I really don't need to be around those type of people.

Best regards,

Paul.

Hello John,

My comments wern't aimed at you, my apologies if you took it that way. It was however clearly stated I wasn't welcome in Dist. 13 via email. I really don't need to be around those type of people.

Best regards,

Paul.
hmmmmmmmmmm, I didn't know we had an Official E-mail Spokesman for District 13. :huh:

Hello John,

Best regards,

Paul.
hmmmmmmmmmm, I didn't know we had an Official E-mail Spokesman for District 13. :huh:

Me either Scott. I am miffed as well as I don't recall anyone stating that at all. And since I am in the district and a club President I would think I would have heard. Paul may I suggest that you let the past storm subside and consider coming to our race in March then judge for yourself if you want to return for any additional races. A lot of stuff has been spoken based upon high emotions and maybe with some time they will calm down. The race is 5 months away so a lot of peace can be had by then.

Hello John,

Best regards,

Paul.

Me either Scott. I am miffed as well as I don't recall anyone stating that at all. And since I am in the district and a club President I would think I would have heard. Paul may I suggest that you let the past storm subside and consider coming to our race in March then judge for yourself if you want to return for any additional races. A lot of stuff has been spoken based upon high emotions and maybe with some time they will calm down. The race is 5 months away so a lot of peace can be had by then.
Yup! You FE Guys have an up and coming thing and there's no need to spoil it with spats about opinions. Ya'll work together and maybe one day you can run with my 20 Mono! ;) :lol:

Yup! You FE Guys have an up and coming thing and there's no need to spoil it with spats about opinions. Ya'll work together and maybe one day you can run with my 20 Mono! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
now if I only could get you to remember that your my pitman.. LOL Sorry still remember that from Huntsville.

it was like Hi Scott.. Why are you holding a radio on the drivers stand when you said you where going to pit me.. LOL that was to funny

Yup! You FE Guys have an up and coming thing and there's no need to spoil it with spats about opinions. Ya'll work together and maybe one day you can run with my 20 Mono! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
now if I only could get you to remember that your my pitman.. LOL Sorry still remember that from Huntsville.

it was like Hi Scott.. Why are you holding a radio on the drivers stand when you said you where going to pit me.. LOL that was to funny
:lol: :lol: :lol:

leave it to those **** FE guys :D

Now everyone repeat after me,...boat racing is fun...boat racing is fun...batteries are for flashlights...boat racing is fun... boat racing is fun.

(sorry had to slip that one in there..)

~James

"Batteries are for flashlights?" are you kidding me? :blink: Perhaps a call into EPA to tip them off on the pollution those nitos cause is in order. :p Figured that those nice German FE'ers would have set you straight by now.

Now everyone repeat after me,...boat racing is fun...boat racing is fun...nitros are for keeping mosquitos away...boat racing is fun... boat racing is fun.

(guess I have the same problem James) :lol: :p

SCBoatman

Back