Something to try this weekend with your R/S sound meter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be at the lake tomorrow prepping for the Tunnel Championships. Will try and give it a test run then. Supposed to be rather windy so the conditions may not be favorable for a reasonable test but will try if we can.
Well?? Any results John? :huh:

It was very windy Saturday and not sure how much, if any effect, it had. Meter was on a 3" block of foam near the start line pointed directly to the course. No wind shield was used. Took measurements twice of 2 boats during the calmest periods I could get. Got about 3/4 laps without the coupler and then 3/4 laps with. Every case, the measurement with the coupler was 3-5 db LOUDER than without. It is certainly more focused that way but louder with the results.

Is that what you expected to see?
How far from the boat were you typically measuring, which way was the wind blowing in relation to the meter and lastly has it been checked and/or calibrated??

Boat was running about 60' - 80' generally from the meter, swirling winds but mostly from the right, new meter.
Thanks. Give me a call tonight if you get time. :)

Regret to say it will have to wait until next week as I am totally swamped with race prep for the Tunnel Championships. Getting to bed well after midnight every night now. You have been there!
Boy don't I know how that is, been there, done that for a good number of years. :wacko:

Back